Gaining Affection

"Y-You two, like children?!" Raphtalia was shaking immensely and looked away.

"I think you're forgetting I've only had contact with children that were either refugee or trying to avoid being mauled or shot down by the covenant when they were still an issue."

"And I'm not interested in children the way you say I am Raphtalia."

"Does that mean?"

"You're still just a kid mentally, you know? You're more like a younger sister than anything else."

Somehow, being told that hurt more than calling her more than being called a kid.

Mike looked at the two little girls and then saw that the eyes matched the filolials' eyes exactly.

"You're the filolial I was raising?"

"Master is mean; he hasn't given me a name!" The pink-haired girl pouted while crossing her arms.

Mike's sweat dropped behind the visor. He hadn't thought of a name for her, so he tried thinking of one. And he thought about a tree he had heard about on earth. Although Mike spent most of his life on reach, he did know of its existence. So he decided to call her by that name since its flowers had the same color as her hair.

"Does Sakura sound alright?"

Her eyes sparkled, and she nodded her head before hugging him yet again.

"Hey uh, maybe we should get you two some clothes?"

The two girls tilted their heads in confusion, "Huh? Why?".

Naofumi entered with, "Because we'll look like bad people if you don't have any.".

Ren made a very fair point afterward, "But where do we get clothes for them? If we don't bring them along, we'll have to guess, and the clothes might not fit.".

"I'll watch after them."

"Wait, really? I thought you'd want to come with us?"

" We can't leave these two alone here, and I figured I could teach them survival techniques, and maybe combat as well."

"But not how to act on the streets?"

"I'm a soldier Ren, I never was raised to have casual conversations, that just happened, and as for how to act on the streets, I never was taught."

That statement shut Ren up immediately, and he walked away, apprehensive at his choice of words. He chose to go alone to the city, to think a bit more.

Sakura approached Mike and asked him what she should call him. His response was pretty simple.

"Call me anything you want, it's fine with me."

Sakura went into deep thought, putting a hand to her chin and squinting her eyes.

Filo was busy cuddling with Naofumi as Raphtalia attempted to pry her off him. Mike smiled under the helmet and recalled the ODSTs and marines mentioning similar situations in those animated cartoons they'd watch.

Sakura tried shaking Mike's arm to get his attention, and he turned to face her, to which she gave an idea for a name.

"I'm going to call you onii-chan!"

"You see me as a sibling?"

"I know you're my master, but you've been so kind to me, and you've taken care of me too! It feels like I have a brother!" Sakura hugged Mike tightly.

"Alright Sakura, that works just fine." Mike pet her head, and she was visibly happy, her cheeks reddening slightly.

Filo saw the exchange and decided she wanted a head pat as well.