Exposing the Truth

The king was angry now, Mike not only called his daughter a bitch, but he insulted him, as well as siding with the Shield Hero. This would not do, slamming a fist down onto his throne, he shouted, "You will respect me, fool! You dare challenge me with no proof?!".

Naofumi cringed internally. The king spoke of not having any evidence, yet her daughter had none to prove the situation actually happened. 

"Master Naofumi, what's that?" Raphtalia asked as she saw what appeared to be a holographic screen showning the princess.

"You can clearly see here, not once ounce of fear of the shield hero is plastered on her face. Instead, she has a smirk and air of arrogance about her, one that leads me to believe she lied about the crime, and is taunting the shield hero. If she truly was violated by him, she would at least seem uneasy, about seeing him here, and most likely would have no expression on her face." Chips had every intention of keeping his promise.

Naofumi went wide eyed, this man really was sticking to his word! His guard stayed up though, he didn't entirely know if he could trust the guy.

"I really am disapointed in you, believing your daughter so blindly. And then you also pass this punishment on the hero, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever that proves if this event actually occured." A smile cracked on Naofumi's face, Raphtalia was left tilting her head in confusion, not knowing what to make of the spartan's words.

The other heroes were in disbelief that whoever this was was talking to the king in this way. The blonde that already beared resentment towards the group, started to have an increasing hatred of the shield hero, and this guy. He thought to himself, " How dare he call her a bitch and a liar?! I'm going to put him in his place!" 

The Spartan walked up to the two and scanned the princess, who had a terrified expression as the laser met their body. Mike had scanned her for any injuries or bruises. In his previous world, he took the role of a medic very often, and as such, was given a scanner to determine the injuries one had. In the time beforehand, he also spoke to a woman who suffered the atrocity the princess was said to have had fallen upon her, and surely enough, she was bruised all over.

"This is a scan of a woman who unfortunately suffered that atrocity we are speaking about here, as you can see, there are many briuses and hand marks all over. Now, when we check the princess, there is no sign of any bruises or struggle at all. The point I'm trying to make, is that what your daughter says happened with the shield hero..." The king tensed up as he heard Mike speak.

"It's all a lie. The Shield Hero did no such thing." Mike looked the king square in the face as he said these words.

The king was furious, he couldn't stand this man, and he was going to make that known.

The king roared, "You dare challenge my daughter, Child?!".

"I'm no child, You'll see soon enough." The spartan removed his helmet to reveal his face, causing everyone in the building to gasp. His face had numerous scars that healed over, but left their trace behind. His hair was jet black, but one could see from his face, he was an aged, veteran soldier, a simple stare into his eyes was enough to strike fear into the heart of the royalty, with the princess in particular, starting to hyperventilate. "I may be younger than you, but you have no idea how many enemies I've killed."

Putting his helmet back on, Chips then proceeds to walk towards the exit. He waves at Naofumi, and Raphtalia, signalling them to come with him. He knew from the short time he spoke to the king, that it would not be enough to convince him, had it been back in his world, the princess would basically have her case destroyed. This wasn't his world, however.

He's then distracted by a new pop-up on his HUD, but before he can look properly he hears fists slam down on a table, and a chair falling back.

It's at this point that The Spear Hero snaps, and blocks their exit. His face is contorted in fury, "You Insult the king, and the princess, my party member, I will not let this stand, I challange you to a duel! If I win, you are to take back all you said, and the Raccoon girl will have her slave crest removed!"

Mike thought inwardly, "So she's his slave? From what I've seen, and heard though, he treats her like family. And she doesn't seem to mind it at all.". He looked over to see Raphtalia noticably worried about the idea. And that was all he needed to see.

In an almost robotic, flat voice, Chips agreed, "Challenge accepted, I won't be holding back." 

Without another word the Blonde hero stormed off in the direction of the arena, and the princess ran over to follow him.

"I don't know about you Naofumi, but just looking at his face pisses me off."

"Same here Mike, just looking at his face makes me want to beat the pulp out of him."

"Sorry that I stole that chance from you Naofumi, I'll make it count."

"Have you looked into your skills at all, Mike?"

"Skills?"

After an explanation of the skills, and how to check them, Mike remembered he saw a new section added to the HUD of his helmet. Upon entering, he is greeted by a large collection of skills, arranged in the shape of a web, looking at them, he saw something that caught his eye.

Learn Magic? Maybe 190 did need more training after all...