Chapter 1 : Leaving Empty Handed

Freshers week at university was drawing to a close. The final night out - a cold, rainy Saturday. Grim - and a sad send off. To be perfectly honest, you weren't feeling it. But were you really about to miss out on the last night? Never.

You and your course friends had planned to leave at 11pm. You'd discussed attempting getting into a high-end club just outside the city, seemingly going by the name of Club X. You say 'seemingly' because not one of your friends really have a clue. Carol had heard a password floating around in conversation and was drawn to the danger. You'd blindly reinforced your friends interest by pointing out that you'd heard it was known for sex, drugs and cheap drinks. Perhaps that sealed the deal.

With regards to its online footprint, you could gather no information about dress code, prices, entry requirements - anything. So with a shot in the dark, you opted into a questionable short black dress that revealed perhaps a little too much. Maybe it'd help get you past security.

You turned up at Maria's flat with an overly-expensive bottle of vodka that your father had gifted you before moving out. You hadn't cracked into it yet - you didn't really feel the need. You had no issues finding people to buy you drinks at bars, so why bother.

"Holy fucking shit, Y/N. Cracking out the good stuff?
Maria embraced you in a tight hug as you handed her the alcohol. She took your hand amiably, leading you to the front room where Carol and Wanda were awaiting your presence. All three girls were dressed in similarly revealing outfits.
Wanda's eyes scanned you up and down.
"You look fucking unreal."
Her mouth fell open as she ran her hands down your front in a drunken act.
"Already tipsy, sweetheart?"
The girls giggled at Wanda's ogling as her cheeks became a slight rose.
"Maybe I should stop after this drink."
You laughed along with them, touching your nose sweetly against Wanda's.
"Don't you dare. It's our last free night before classes ruin our fucking life."
"Cheers to that."
Carol lifted her glass to yours as the four of you clinked a suspicious cocktail that Maria had set out.

Hours later you were strutting the street, your footing compromised due to your earlier drinking. Your arm was linked with Wanda's as you supported one another right up until the rather secluded entrance to Club X. You were greeted by a security guard who inspected your ID's and after much questioning of the drunkenness of yourself and Wanda, he caved and allowed you in.
"Shit, man. That was easy."
Maria spoke into your ear as the roar of music from downstairs grew louder with every footstep. She squeezed your hand as you excused yourself past groups of people spilling from the entrance.
"Everyone link!"
Maria called back as your friends all took one another's hands. You led the way, sliding past bodies on the dance floor, making your way to the bar.

Very quickly, you found yourself trying your best to focus on the consistancies of the room. The bar, the booths, the stripper poles. Everything was swaying. You were sure you hadn't had anything slipped in your drink, clearly, you'd just overdone your limits. Wanda was, predictably, in a state of similar drunkenness to you. From experience, your friends had learnt to keep an eye on you both, but not to intrude as it'd irritate you and a petty argument would most likely break out.

Wanda had occupied herself, engaged in a deep, shouting conversation at the bar with Maria. Meanwhile, you made your way across the room, fully aware that you'd had one too many. You didn't want your friends to catch on, even though, to your oblivion, they already had.

In a dark corner of the club floor, some space cleared among the bustling, coked up and drunken dancers. You stumbled slowly, heading for a booth - the seats facing away from the heat of bodies. On your path, a woman stood in your way.

Technically, she wasn't in your way. At all. However, that was the way your drunken self had percieved it. You felt your knees grow weak, overcome with alcohol. As you stumbled past her, your shoulder had knocked hers and your drinks had spilled down her front. You stood, swaying on your feet as you attempted to apologise to her.