~edmund~

sorry for being mia ;)
this is v sad because i feel like i haven't done alot of sad imagines
also please send more requests! it gives me more motivation to write

it's scary how quickly life changes. one minute you could be having the time of your life and the next you're having the worst day ever.

this afternoon, i was sitting on a bench next to a pond in the back of cair paraval. i wasn't doing much, just reading. until edmund came and sat beside me. i was happy to see him, because we hadn't been talking much recently.

but we talked now. we sat on the bench talking about everything that came to our minds.

"so," edmund asked. "if you had to choose between being a centaur and a faun what would you be?"
"a faun definitely. i wouldn't know what to do with myself if i had the body of a centaur" i laughed.

we had been having the weirdest conversation all afternoon, until it was silent after a while.

"is there anything on your mind?" i asked ed. if he's ever worrying about something he won't talk about it unless you ask.

"maybe. i have to tell you something y/n, but please don't get mad." he said

"of course i won't. just tell me"

"i've been feeling differently for a while now. i was so scared but i couldn't help but realise..."
he trailed off. i was so nervous about what he would say.

"i don't think i'm in love with you anymore. i'm so sorry y/n."

i was shocked. i didn't honestly know what to say. i wanted to cry but i couldn't.

"did i do something?" i asked finally.

"no! you didn't do anything at all! it isn't your fault, and i still love you y/n but no matter how hard i try i can't force myself to be in love with you anymore."

"i don't want to force any feelings on you." i told him. "thank you for being honest with me."

i smiled at him and got up, making my way across the massive lawn and into the castle.

it hurt me. of course it hurt me. mostly because he wasn't in love with me anymore, but i was still madly in love with him.