~peter part 6~

part 5 was meant to be the last one but an ending won't hurt! (actually it might a little, i really loved writing this)

i stared into the mirror i had been provided within a big room in the massive castle that was cair paravel. i could barely recognised myself. i had been given nicer clothes and all of my injuries were either healing or gone completely.

my hair was also styled in a way that made me never want to wear it normal again. infact, i never wanted to look normal again. i wanted to stay in these fancy dress clothes for the rest of my life. 

"y/n!" i could hear someone calling from outside the room.

"in here!' i shouted back to them.

susan walked in and i turned to her. my jaw dropped as i saw how gorgeous she looked.

"oh my goodness, susan you look amazing!" 

"so do you!"she said.

after a couple of minutes of looking at each others clothes, hair and makeup, we realised the time.

"we better get going now." susan spoke.

we walked down a dozen flight of stairs and out into the courtyard, where we met peter and aslan.

"wow,' peter muttered in awe.

"yeah, we look amazing we already know." susan joked and we all laughed.

we all turned to see caspian running down the stairs towards us.

"your majesty?" aslan asked him.

he looked dazed for a moment as he stared at susan, and then snapped back.

"we are ready," he told him. "everyone has assembled."

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man." caspian spoke out to the crowd, the rest of us standing behind him. "any telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. but for any who wish, aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers."

"it's been generations since we left telmar." a telmarine spoke.

"we are not referring to telmar." spoke aslan. "your ancestors were seafaring brigands. pirates run aground on an island. there they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. the same world as our kings and queens."

i understood enough of aslan speech to know what he meant. telmarines came from our world.

"it is to that island i can return you. it is a good place for any who wish to make a new start."

it wasn't long after aslan finished that telmarines were volunteering to leave and enter our world.

they filed up to the tree, and walked through one at a time. they all disappeared. 

but then people began to protest, saying it wasn't safe to pass through and that it was a trick.

"we'll go." said peter firmly.

"we will?" susan asked.

"come on, our times up." he said. "after all, we're not really needed here anymore."

peter handed his sword over to caspian.

"i will look after it until you return." he told peter.

"i'm afraid that's just it." susan said. "we're not coming back."

"we're not?" asked lucy.

"you two are." peter told edmund and lucy, i could feel my chest getting heavy at the thought of never returning.

"you're brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. i suppose y/n has too." aslan smiled at me. at least i think it was a smile, it's hard to tell.

we all said our goodbyes to everyone we had met and befriended, to aslan and to caspian.

susan walked up to say goodbye to caspian.

"i wish we had more time together." he told her, and the realisation kicked in.

"i don;t think it would've worked anyway." she said.

she began to walk away, then very hesitantly turned back and kissed him, to which he kissed back.

"i don't suppose i get a goodbye kiss?" peter laughed.

"we're going to the same place." i playfully hit him.

"worth a try." he shrugged.

"ready?" aslan asked, and we all nodded.

we all walked through one at a time, and found ourselves back at the train station, just in time for the train to take us to school. surprisingly, we were also back in our uniforms.

'Oh no." edmund said.

"what?" we all turned around in worry.

"i think i left my new torch in Narnia..."