~peter~

'WE WEREN'T LOST'

•─────────✧✦✧─────────•

"y/n! come quickly!"

I turned around to see the youngest Pevensie shouting my name while running up to me. i dropped the newspaper i was reading. i was alone today as Susan was sick. i picked up my bag, hurrying over to her.

"what's wrong lucy?"

"hurry!" she yelled, grabbing my hand and running to the train station. with no choice i followed her.

i saw a group of people standing on the stairs.  me and lucy pushed our way through and i saw an unsurprising sight.

my boyfriend, peter, was in yet another, fight. he looked at me apologetically. i just rolled my eyes at him.

just then Edmund pushed through the crowd and jumped at the first boy.

i'm not sure who would've won, but we never found out because the soldiers broke it up.

"act your age" one of them spat at peter. grownups, i thought.

i pushed past peter and lucy followed up and started walking beside me. 

"he needs to stop doing this" she said

"tell me about it" i said back

"i can hear you, you know" peter speaks up from behind us.

"good" we both said in unison.

when we sit down at a bench, i stare forward towards the tracks. i was refusing to look at peter.

"your welcome" said Edmund

"i had it sorted"

i scoffed and lucy rolled her eyes.

"what was it this time?" lucy asked.

peter sighed. "he bumped me"

"so you hit him?"

"no" peter started. "after he bumped me, he tried to make me apologise. that's when i hit him"

"do you have  problem with just walking away?" i asked

peter spun around. "i shouldn't have to"

"no of course you shouldn't" Edmund said sarcastically.

"look i'm sorry okay?" said peter. he didn't sound very genuine.

lucy and Edmund looked at each other and unspokenly decided to leave. while they did so, peter kept his eyes on me.

"listen y/n, i really am sorry." he sounded a little more like he meant it.

he sits down beside me.

"why do you keep doing this? you know you don't have to get in a fight every time someone makes an inconvenience."

"i know. but i wasn't going to apologise for something that wasn't my fault"

"i know peter. and i get that, but please stop getting into these fights"

"i will. i mean, i'll try. and i'll make it up to you. we can skip school and do something fun"

i looked at him.

"how about we make a deal. i'll stop getting into fights if you agree to skip school with me and go into town. come on, i've got money and everything.'

i sighed heavily and rolled my head back, weighing my options in my head. there was only one right choice.

"fine."

"really?"

"yes pete. let's go before i change my mind"

and with that, i was dragged out of the train station.