Chapter 18: With Great Power, Comes Great Sacrifice

Alex: So, you say this power turns me into a kitsune for 50 years?

God of death: Yes, that is correct

Alex: Well, what are the benefits?

God of death: You can't die unless all 9 of your tails are cut off, you're very quick, you're able to control soul flames, and can use the power of lightning to your advantage.

Alex: Interesting... This is quite useful

God of death: I know right?

Alex: Definitely.

God of death: I'll send you back now.

Alex: Ok have a good time, see ya later.

The portal opens again and Alex steps out into the sunlight.

Meanwhile with Gabe and Argo.

Gabe: Kurama?

Kurama: Yes Gabe?

Gabe: We need to try the strategy again.

Kurama: Ok. One more time and then we're done for the day.

Gabe: Thanks Kurama.

Kurama: No prob kiddo.

Gabe claps his hands together and a cloak appears, this time though it's not covering his entire body, instead it's only his back being covered by it, the cloak seems to resemble 9 tails all seemingly alive.

Gabe: ARGO!

Argo: Zzzzzzz...Hm?

Argo: OH!

Argo: YOU DID IT!

Gabe: YOU BETCHA!

Gabe: RASENGAN!

Gabe dashes forward with a blue ball of energy in his hand. He rushes towards the steel dummy he's been practicing on, and on contact a blinding purple explosion makes the steel dummy no more than dust.

Argo: A new jutsu as well hm?

Gabe: I've got one more.

Gabe: RISING CRIMSON GLARE!

Gabe rises into the air with a red aura as he goes up then down at a curve kind of like a rainbow towards another dummy and with yet again another explosion, this time red, the dummy is no more.

Argo: Gabe how'd you move so fast?

Gabe: what do you mean?

Argo: I blinked once and then you were finished with the attack.

Gabe: Hm? Strangely, it was going slowly for me.

Argo: Well those are 3 new things to use on your opponent.

Gabe:...Argo I need to tell you something...

Argo: what is it?

Gabe: I don't really have much time left anyways so I'm thinking of letting Alex kill me.

Argo: WHAT?! WHY!

Gabe: She deserves to at least get a better chance than her suffering through her past again.

Argo:...I'll miss you big bro.

Gabe: Same for you little bro.

Argo and Gabe have one last brother and best friend hand shake and clap before Gabe headed to bed.

Argo lies awake crying the entire time knowing that his comrade, best friend, and brother, wouldn't come back the next morning.

Argo: I guess this is goodbye...