Chapter 9: Overtime

Lately, everyone within the cabin goes to training -- except Nezuko. But Arjun and Alex have noticed that Gabe is more tired than he usually is after training. Alex had it on her mind for quite some time so she decided to ask him, but Arjun decided to go with her.

Gabe: *panting like crazy*No wonder it took him 2 years to learn those breathing styles...

Alex: Hey, Gabe, you got a sec?

Gabe: Yeah. Why do you ask?

Alex: Well, Arjun and I have both been wondering how you've been getting tired more than you usually are. 

Arjun: We both think that you've been pushing yourself to be better. We've already mastered this a few months ago...

Gabe: Well I've been training with Tanjiro for a bit every 1 to 2 days.

Alex + Arjun: How come?

Gabe: Well I was curious on what the 'breathing styles' were so I asked. Then decided to actually learn the breathing styles Tanjiro has earned.

Alex: So... basically you wanted more room of knowledge in different kinds of combat?

Gabe: If you put it that way, I guess so. 

Arjun: But it still doesn't explain how you are still tired from training.

Gabe: Well, the training is intense. By intense, I mean INTENSE.

Alex: I- Put it on a scale of 1 through 10. I can't think of anything. 

Gabe: 8 or 9 out of 10.

Arjun and Alex's eyes widened on how hard Gabe said the training was. They both thought about why he decided to do this. Was it out of curiosity? Was he being impulsive? Whatever the reason was, they don't know since it's more of a personal area.

Alex: How is he still in good condition? It'll get worse if he chooses to do it daily.

Arjun: Gabe, are you sure you can survive in this condition?

Gabe: I'll be fine. I'll get used to it quickly.

Arjun and Alex show worried expressions but decide to help him rest bu giving his towel and water bottle.

Gabe: God training is truly difficult. But hopefully the training pays off.

Gabe continued to train with Tanjiro after their normal training. Soon enough, Armin, who was leading the training for the day, had an announcement.

Armin: Alright! Get a sip of water and huddle around for a bit!

Alex + Arjun + Ellenore + Gabe: An announcement?

Armin: So, as a few of you have been getting stronger by the day, Eren, Mikasa, and I have all decided that we van have one on one training against each other. 

Gabe, Ellenore, Arjun, and Alex started to cheer because this was the first time for them.

Bakugo: Heh, this'll be easy. 

Armin: So, you guys are going to pair up with someone after training and duel against each other just to improve your strength a bit more. This'll start tomorrow morning.

Gabe: Guess this is a good time to put training to use.

Armin: Inosuke and Midoriya, you two will be paired for now.

Midoriya: I will do my best!

Inosuke: OHOHOHO THIS'LL BE FUN.

Armin: Bakugou and Tanjiro: