Chapter 14: Reunion!

Gabe sighs in relief knowing that the place feels like he never left before.

Gabe: Man, it still feels the same.

Ellenore: not much has changed while you were gone anyway.

Gabe: In that case, can I see Mikasa, Eren, and Armin?

Alex: Yeah, I think I know where they are.

Alex leads Gabe to Armin, Mikasa, and Eren. Although they bumped into a soldier.

Soldier: Captain Alex! Oh there you are! Mikasa and Armin were just looking for you!

Alex: Oh well, what a coincidence. I was about to go there.

Soldier: And is this someone that needs to go into custody?

Gabe: Captain!? What!? And why does he think I need to go into custody???

Alex: Oh no. He's just a visitor I decided to bring along.

Soldier: Alright.

The soldier bows then leaves Alex and Gabe be. Then they started walking towards the office.

Gabe: Alright, I need an explanation.

Alex: On what? There are many other things I could explain to you.

Gabe: DOn't get slick with me. Just tell me why that soldier called you captain.

Alex: Oh yea. Well, while you were gone, Eren wanted to retire from the war so he did but Mikasa made him stay within the building due to her wanting to protect Eren 24/7.

Gabe: Wow, I guess a lot has changed and a lot hasn't

Alex: Well no **** sherlock.

Gabe: Harsh

Alex: Just new habits, they've become second nature at this point.

Alex and Gabe were already at the door of the office and ALex knocked on the door.

Mikasa: Come in.

Alex: SO, I got yo guys all a present! Ta-da!

Gabe peeks into the door and the three of them were all in shock seeing an old friend after seven years

Gabe: How are you guys!

Mikasa: There's no way that's him

Alex: It's him, we confirmed it a bit ago.

Gabe: Yep, it's me, heh, heh.

Armin: It's been too long... But, how?

Gabe: I have an infinite contract with the goddess of life.

Armin: Wait- Goddess Signora?

Gabe: Yup, that's her.

Alex: Also, apparently he did a little 'something' to make it infinite.

Gabe: Let's say that the god will be high for a few weeks.

Mikasa: Interesting. Anyways, I called you here because we have a new mission to set out.

Alex: Let me guess, hell-hounds, chimeras, and other mythical being that didn't exist here before.

Mikasa: On the dot as always. But how did you guess it so easily?

Alex: Half-dead man came along with them.

Gabe: ...I need to go.

Gabe rushes out the door putting on his mask and taking out a red and white spear running at 80 mph.

Armin: Has he done this?

Alex: Yeah, not too long ago after something that I don't want you guys to know about.

Mikasa + Armin: Ok..?

Alex: Back to the point, how are we going to deal with these 'things' with the materials we have at the moment?

Gabe yells in a rumbling voice that can be heard for miles "COME AT ME YOU ************"

Alex: Nevermind. I'll just interrogate the idiot and find out.

Gabe: Bane of all evil, deal with them quickly and fluently.

The monsters back away not wanting to be killed. The monster then flee and run back into the portal with hear.

Gabe takes off his mask and makes his spear dissipate.

Mikasa: If we can, then it can work.

Alex: Already ahead of you commander.

Alex then heads out seeing Gabe walking towards the HQ near the Gate.

Gabe: Hm? OH! Hey Alex! What going on?

Alex: Well, due to the current situation, I need to ask you a few questions of the chimeras and all.

Gabe: Fire away.

Alex: Recently, some of them have been going through the walls and we don't know how to kill these things so I wanted to ask you, half-dead.

Gabe: Ok, first off, stop with the whole half-dead thing, it sounds weird. Second, you cut their winds and tails, make sure to slice the snake head as it will still be active after the chimera is dead.

Alex:  Alright. Alright. But I'll give you a different name when I think of it. I'll make sure it isn't as harsh as 'half-dead'.

Gabe: Well ok then, also if you're wondering these chimeras can only be cut by pure mineral or godly weapons. So for example a sapphire sword would work.

Alex: Thanks. But is there any other way with the items we have at hand right now that we can kill them with?

Gabe: I have an anvil of the gods on me right now, it should allow you to make your weapons stronger via just making the swords on it.

Alex: Well, that's all I needed.

Alex then leaves Gabe at the gate and goes to report the new-found information.

Gabe: ...Argo, you can come out now.

Argo: HOW'D YOU NOTICE ME!?

Argo was a person Gabe met while trying to get the head god "high", so to speak. He helped Gabe with avoiding the god of death and saving his own life. It's been going on for not too long. Maybe 2 weeks or more.

Gabe: You're hard to miss...

Argo: Talk about harsh.

Gabe: Let's quit the chit-chat, what info do you have on the god of death's plans.