Chapter XII

Sunday, April 17th
3rd Person P.O.V

"I'll call you later." Kiana said then hung. She was on the phone with Kash while she was driving towards Rose house. She had just got there and knocked on the door.

"Hey Kiana. Rose is upstairs." Rose's younger sister said and let her in. She went upstairs to Rose room and knocked on the closed door.

"Hey baby." Rose said and got up to give Kiana a hug. She felt so content like this. Being around Rose who was so amazing to her. Kiana hated that she still felt that something was missing. Later that night she ended up going back home. She walked into the house and saw only the kids were there.

"Sup where you been at?" Dee asked and followed Kiana upstairs.

"Rose house."

"Oh. umm where Kash been at?" She said bringing up the girl's lack of absence.

"Busy. she'll be back soon." Kiana then got a call from her mother wanting to know when she needed to come down for her graduation.

Apparently she was up and making preparations. That call lasted about 30-35 mins and Dee sat on the bed listening. After Kiana hung up Dee decided to voice her thoughts.

"So you're graduating soon." She said, dragging out the point she wanted to make.

"I am."

"You're going home right?"

"Yeah but I'll be back. I'm not just gonna disappear." Kiana said. She knew her siblings were sad about her leaving soon.

"I know you're going to college there right?"

"Yep."

"Is Rose going with you?" She asked and Kiana looked confused.

"No."

"So you're going to do long distance?" Kiana sighed and sat next to her sister on the bed.

"I don't know." she answered honestly.

"Do you want to do long distance?"

"I don't know. Ever since we started dating I've been trying to find that spark. I like Rose, I do it's just...maybe I thought I felt something for her since she was there for me after the whole Ray situation. Maybe I mistook my gratitude for romantic feelings." Kiana explained honestly more to herself than Dee.

"Maybe, but that's up for you to decide." The girl said and left the room leaving Kiana with her thoughts.

Over the course of the next few days with her graduation nearing in less than a month Kiana took the time to really think about her future. She loved Rose just not in that way. When she was around Rose all she could think about is what Dee asked and what her response was. Kiana knew she had to break it off to save them both the heartache. She was supposed to meet with her at a lil restaurant inna about an hour so she planned what she was going to say.

When Kiana got to the restaurant she saw Rose already sitting at a table outside. She joined her and Rose looked happy to see her as always.

"Hey." Rose said.

"Hi." Kiana said shyly. Rose frowned like she could tell something was bothering her.

"You ok?" she asked worried

"Yes. Actually I wanted to talk to you."

"Yeah wassup?."

"So these last couple of months have been great. Absoulutey amazing and I'm so fuckin glad I met you because you are such a sweet and caring person." Kiana started. Rose looked happy at first but then its liked something clicked and she started to look sad.

"But?..."

"But...I'm leaving soon to go back to louisiana. I have to admit my feelings for you were real for a while but I think it was more gratitude for being there for me than it was romantic. I didn't want to string you along when I knew I didn't feel the same."  She finished. Rose sat there quietly for a while trying to wrap her head around it all. The longer she stayed quiet the more nervous Kiana grew.

"I can't say I'm not dissapointed but I understand and I thank you for telling me."

"You're not mad?" Kiana asked, shocked. Rose laughed and shook her head.

"No I'm not mad. I want you to be happy if that's not wit me then I'm ok with that. I still would like us to be friends if thats ok wit you.?"

"Of course. Do you maybe wanna finish our lunch?" Kiana asked. They hadn't ordered yet but it was no need to leave without eating.

"Yea."

When they got done with their lunch Kiana went back in her car with a smile on her face. That went better than she had expected and was glad she got to preserve a good friendship. Her only problem now was telling Kash she was going back to Louisiana.

———————————————————————
Enjoy

Y'all niggas mean for doing Rose wrong😭 she a good person mane