Chapter V

Friday, September 3rd
3rd Person P.O.V

"Morning." Storm greeted once she saw Ki come in the kitchen.

"Running late gotta go bye." Ki said and ran out the house to her car. Her alarm didn't go off and she did not want to be late to first period.

Once she got to school she entered the class right as the bell rung.

"Look at yo ass finna be late." Kash teased from beside her.

"Shutup. My phone was on silent and my alarm didn't go off."

"Sucks to be you Ki. But look on the bright side it's Friday." Kash reminded and that made Ki cringe because she still hadn't decided if she wanted to go home or not.

"Right." Ki said and slumped down in her seat.

"What's wrong? You don't like Fridays or something?" Ki just shrugged and that made Kash frown.

They didn't really talk much during class since Kiana was lost in her head. During 2nd period Kash was getting upset about Kiana ignoring her.

"Kiana." Kash called and shook her for extra assurance that she would pay attention.

"What?"

"You want to come over this weekend?"

"Your house?"

"Duhh. We can hang out. I don't really know what's wrong wit you and you don't gotta tell me but if you come over I'll cheer you up." Kash said and Ki raised an eyebrow at her playfully.

"Not like that." Kash said and turned away embarrassed. That made Ki laugh and she agreed. Technically she didn't need to go back until Sunday if she decided to do it was no harm in spending a day or two more wit Kash.

When 3rd period hit Kiana went to her seat next to Ray sept for she wasn't here yet. Once the bell rung Ray walked in and sat right next to her.

"Sup." Ray said.

"Hey." She said back still kinda upset about this decision.

"You good? It's Friday you should be happy."

"So I've been told. What y'all doing this weekend?"

"Umm I don't know yet but if you tryna hang I'll text you."

"Maybe." She said and Ray nodded.

After school Kiana went back to the house after picking up Dee early from school. When they walked through the door Desmond was in the kitchen.

"Hey dad." Destiny said and went straight towards the fridge.

"Hey Dee. Hey Kiana."

"Sup." She said and went to her room.

She was chilling for awhile and she heard when the other two kids got home but didn't leave her room. She got a call from her brother later on around 5.

"Hey Dae." She said smiling at her brother. She had to admit this is the longest they've been without each other and she missed him.