Chapter I

Friday, August 20th
3rd person P.O.V

Kiana had just landed in Arizona. She stayed seated until it was her time to get up and get off the plane. She walked through the airport and downstairs to bag claim. She was waiting for her bag to come through when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Kiana!" Her father said wit a lil too much enthusiasm.

"Desmond." She said and saw him deflate clearly upset.

"Fair enough. Are you waiting for your bags still?" He asked and she wanted smack her lips at the obvious.

She turned back around and waited another couple of minutes before she finally saw her 2 big ass suitcases come around the carousel.

"Not anymore." She said answering his previous question and waited for him to lead them to the car.

"Let me get those for you." He offered and she mean mugged him and put the bags in the trunk herself then got in the back seat putting her headphones on and drowning the world out.

So we should prolly play catch up. Kiana's father is getting married in the winter and has invited his oldest kids to come. Kiana's brother uninvited himself because one he had school and two they don't get along wit their father.

He walked out on them when they were young and then popped up suddenly a couple years ago asking for their forgiveness. Anyway as much as Kiana didn't want to come her mother said to give him a chance. So here she is spending the first 2 weeks of her senior year in Arizona.

When they got to Desmond's house she got her bags out from the trunk. They entered the house and went towards the kitchen. There was 3 kids in the kitchen along wit a women.

"We're back." Desmond announced and the family looked over towards them. His fiancé put a smile on her face and came to introduce herself to Kiana.

"You must be Kiana. I'm Nicole." She introduced. Kiana put a tight smile on her face and shook the women's hand.

"Nice to meet you." She said then Nicole pointed at the three kids and introduced them.

"That's Dee, storm, and Payton." She said and they said 'sup' and 'hey'. 2 girls then a boy. Their ages was 13, 10, and 6.

"Cool. I gotta room here or?" Kiana said redirecting her attention to Desmond.

"Oh yeah. We'll be back."

He led her to her room which she didn't have to share. The house was actually pretty big and she was staying in one of the guest room.

"Here you are. This was one of the guest rooms but if you want to change it around just ask and we can get some paint and stuff."

"I'm good." She said cause in reality she didn't plan on being here for long.

"Well if your still in here by dinner I'll send Dee to come get you. Oh and school starts Monday so you have the rest of the weekend to prepare if you need to go to the store just ask." He said and left.

She looked around at the unfamiliar room and groaned. She really didn't want to be here. Her phone rang and she took it out her pocket and answered.

"Sis." Her older brother Daeshawn said through the phone. It was a ft call so she could see he was in the kitchen.

"Sup bro. What you doing?"

"Non much. Just realized how bored imma be when you gone." He said and pouted into the camera.

"You sholl did push for me to come." She said and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yea. I told you get that money sis." He said quietly and laughed. Their father actually had bank and since she was starting college soon might as well take advantage of it.

"Whatever. I just wanna come back and lay in my own bed and beat you in Mario kart."

"Your a cheater at Mario kart that's the only reason you beat me." Daeshawn said rolling his eyes.

"Sure."

"Look 2 weeks that's all you gotta get through and then you can complain about how much you miserable and mommy's gonna bring you right back home. Just play nice for a lil." He explained again and she sighed defeated.

"Fine. Whatchu making."

"Oh just some..."

Kiana spent the rest of the night talking to her brother until he had to go to work. She texted her mom and ended up just watching tv until the oldest daughter came up and got her.

She didn't engage in much conversation at the dinner table. She got the feeling they didn't eat here very often she figured they had just today so they could talk to her.

Kiana woke up the next day and went downstairs and made her some cereal. The 3 other kids was down there also and they looked at her strangely for a sec.

"Where y'all parents at?" She asked

"I don't know prolly work." Storm said. She nodded and didn't talk to them again.

Later in the day the kids proved to be tolerable. They weren't loud, they all did they own thing, and if Kiana looked to not be in the mood they didn't bother her. Right now she was bored asf tho and Payton invited her to play a game wit him.

She spent the rest of the weekend getting sorta used to the family. On Sunday night her dad came into her room and handed her some keys.

"What this?"

"Umm the car in the garage is yours while you're here so you can get back and forth to school. Also on the first week we're gonna need you to pick the kids up from school while they get the buses worked out." Des explained.

"Yeah ight...thanks." She said saying that last part quietly. She definitely ain't wanna take the bus her senior year.

-----------------------
This gon get better(hopefully) I swear

‼️slow updates, sorry