FREAKING LUCIFER!

What Lucifer showed me rattled me to my core. Because the threat we face is more real than I expected. And dangerous. Dangerous enough to hurt me and the people I care about.

A single tear falls from my eyes as I fix my gaze on Lucifers.

"So, you see... you have much to think about. Are you sure you want to go down this path? Again?" He asks me.

Swallowing hard, I nod. Because I don't have much of a choice.

Do I?

"Very well. But do not take my son down this path with you."

I nod once more, but Lucas interjects.

"Like hell am I staying out of this," he refuses. "And you can't make me. The last time she asked me to back off, she disappeared. Whatever happens... this time... we will deal with it together."

"The same goes for me," Ethan steps forward.

"And me," Eden echoes his sentiment. "This time she won't be alone."

Ignoring them, Lucifer tells me, "You know what to do."

I'm still reeling from what I saw to argue with any of them. Because knowing what I know now puts me in an impossible position. If they choose to continue down this road with me, it will be to their own peril. And I'm not okay with that.

"No," I shake my head. Speaking barely above a whisper. "This is my issue, and mine alone."

"I'm not about to let you disappear on me again," Ethan refuses.

"Well, I don't want, nor do I need your help. So just... back off."

Shaking his head, he tells me. "Not this time."

"Ethan..."

"No. Whatever you're about to say... don't. You are being hunted. The last time you asked us for space, Lucas is right, you disappeared on us. And I'll be damned if I lose you again. So, no... I will not back off. Not now, and not ever again. Whatever this is... we will just have to face it together."

Judging by the looks on their faces, I'm not going to get anywhere with them or be able to talk some sense into them. They're intent on following me down a rabbit hole I know will lead to nothing but death and despair.

"Is there a bathroom here I can use?" I ask.

"Just down the hall," Lucifer points to a hall behind me. A knowing look in his eyes.

He knows what I'm about to do, and I don't know how.

Not that it matters.

Other than... well... he's freaking Lucifer.

Mr. Know-all and be-all himself.

Entering the bathroom, I close and lock the door behind me. Then I head for the nearest window, invoking a sound-proofing spell while I quietly slide it open. The last thing I need is to alert Ethan and his supersonic hearing to what I'm doing when I'm hoping to escape.

Only, I didn't think my escape all the way through. Because the moment my feet hit the ground outside, gravel crunches underneath my boots.

Shit.

I have mere seconds to get back to the portal before they catch up to me. Thankfully, the bathroom is only several feet away from the portal. Because every footfall is a second where Ethan and the others can intercept me. Which is either a coincidence, or Lucifer's attempt at aiding and abetting my soon to be fugitive girlfriend status and my escape for Lucas' sake.