6: Dancing With Elephants

"I don't wanna be another social casualty." -5 Seconds of Summer

I felt weak. Not only mentally, but physically too. My body was craving food and I tried my absolute hardest to resist yet temptation kept overcoming me, clouding my thoughts. But I wasn't going to give in.

Before you start jumping to conclusions, I'm most definitely not anorexic, nor do I have any type of eating disorder. I was just used to not eating often and my appetite was considerably small. Plus, not eating clearly wasn't affecting me; I'd gained 2 pounds in the past 2 days. That wasn't why I was feeling weak though.

I'd openly cried infront of Aaron and let all my guards down. He probably thought I was a pathetic, stupid girl who no one could love because I was such a fuck up. Well, I guess it was true.

I was a failure.

I felt a gentle tap on my bedroom door. My guesses were that it was Olivia coming to check up on me owing to the fact that I'd failed to leave my room for several hours. I'd told her all about the awful events which occurred yesterday minus the part were I sobbed like a baby to Aaron. The pitiful look that swept her face when I told her I was jobless made me feel even worse.

"Come in." I attempted to sound casual as I placed my pencil and paper on my bedside table before frowning at my tragic excuse for a drawing.

To my surprise, Tommy walked in and strided towards me, a look of determination planted on his oh-so-beautiful sex god-like face.

"Get up." He ordered and grabbed my hand, hauling me off my bed with his great strength and power. "Get changed we're going out."

"What?" I looked at him as if he were a psychopath. "Fuck off."

I sat back down on my bed and reached for my feeble excuse for a piece of art.

"Oh no you don't." He snatched my hand away once again and lifted me up.

"What in God's name is your problem?" I whined with a sigh.

"You're walking around the apartment like a zombie and haven't left your room in ages. It's making you depressed, which is making Olivia depressed and I don't like seeing her upset. She's really worried about you." He explained.

Okay, well that made me feel bad. It wasn't because he had no care about my actual feelings rather Olivia's, it was because I was making the people around me sad. I didn't want Olivia to worry about me: she had a lot of stress with university already as it was. She didn't need me to be a burden.

"I..." I was about to protest about how I wasn't in the mood to go out but immediately decided against it for Olivia's sake. "Where are we going?"

"To a concert. It's a low key event, nothing major." Tommy informed me.

"A concert?" I moaned. I absolutely adored music and the majority of the time, music was my escape from the hardships of the world. It spoke to me in a way no one ever could. However, 'low key' implied that it was a shitty singer/band who weren't very good.

"Yeah, it's Aaron's band. They're playing at the pub round the corner." He informed me.

"Aaron's in a band?" I raised my eyebrow. I didn't know that.

"Yeah, they don't do gigs that often but yeah, he plays bass guitar and occasionally does vocals. The bastards actually pretty awesome." Tommy revealed playing with his lip ring with his tongue.

I hadn't spoken to Aaron since I completely embarrassed myself by bawling my eyes out infront of him. I guess going to his concert wouldn't be so bad because he'd be more concentrated on his music than with my idiotic self.