19: Unsafe

"I'm not okay, and it's not alright. Won't you drag the lake and bring me home again? Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down. Save me from myself. Don't let me drown."- Bring Me The Horizon

Do you ever cry for no reason? The tears just endlessly cascade down your face and you have no clue why you're crying because there isn't one specific thing that is wrong because everything is. Everything is wrong, but that's normal (well for me anyway). However, sometimes, your body just can't handle it and out come the water works.

Well, that was me on a daily basis with George. If anyone asked how I was, I'd just reply 'normal', because that's what it was. My normal emotion was to feel so plagued with sadness that I just wanted to erupt into tears.

I'd stopped crying so much once I moved into the apartment. Yeah, I cried a bit, but not every day like I used to. However now, frantically packing my belongings into that small suitcase of mine, it felt as though all those un-shed tears were gushing out all at once.

I was petrified.

I'd figured it all out in my head and I was sure I was right. I knew George inside out to see the truth. He was at the store with Lindsy, I was sure of it. I remember seeing Lindsy have a faint scar on her forehead- he was hurting her too. Although I pitied her and wanted to help, I couldn't stay here. Once George discovers that I'd moved away, he'd dump Lindsy and leave her be. He was using her, I was sure of it.

How long had he known I was here? Was it by chance that he met Lindsy, or was it planned? Why hadn't he taken me sooner? So many unanswered questions stormed through my head.

What about when Aaron met him, thinking he was the guy Lindsy was cheating on him with? I shivered thinking about how the two of them participated in a vicious brawl together.

I couldn't think about all of this right now; I had to pack. I needed to leave. A tiny voice in my head was screaming at me to just call the police but I knew it was stupid. Call them and say what? I had no proof, no evidence, nothing. What would I say? "Hey there police people, I just saw my ex in a shop. Can you arrest him?"

God, it was so stupid. I just wanted to feel safe and I didn't feel that way being here. Maybe I'd go to France and visit my parents even though I hadn't spoken to them in years and they probably wouldn't recognise me. Or maybe I'd go...I'd go...where else did I have to go? I had no where and I was not staying Manchester.

France it was.

I threw all my shirts onto the bed and began messily folding them into my suitcase. I had no idea where Olivia and Tommy were, but they were no longer home. Aaron was presumably still at the store and I intended on leaving here before seeing him. I hated goodbyes and I certainly wasn't in the mood to explain all of this to him.

My cheek was soaked in tears as I got out my phone and dialled my dad's number. I put it on speaker phone and left it on my bedside table as I continued to pack.

"The number you have dialled does not exist." My phone spoke.

I picked up my phone and dialled again in a futile attempt, despite knowing it wouldn't work.

"Fuck!" I cursed and wiped the tears out of my eyes as I scrolled to find my mum's number.

Pacing up and down my room, I called her number praying to a god that I don't believe in that she'd pick up.

"Come on, come on, come on..." I nervously muttered as I waited for her to pick up.

I hardly had any money for a flight but thanks to my job I'd be able to afford it but it'd be leaving me with not a single penny to my name.