Part 5

I asked Mai about the prince's request when I gave her her bath. Azula and Ty-Lee were both in the room, but were on the further end of it with more servant girls that helped them do their hair and make up before they got into their dresses. Mai agreed with me that the prince probably wanted something regarding the door incident. After drying Mai's hair, I was excused and hurried to the laundry room to get another blanket for the prince before I found myself in front of his door again. He opened it, in his robe still, and let me in. He looked at me as I spread the blanket on his bed.

"is there something else you require of me, your highness?" he opened his closet; clothes fell from it in a great mess.

"Mai swears by your organizational skills, Aang messed up my closet and I can't find the suit I'm supposed to wear tonight. I need you to organize it properly and get the suit for me. If you do, I will make sure you are rewarded well" I looked at the closet, it would take me hours to fix it completely, and I also had to help Azula and her friends with their dresses.

"I will be happy to help you find the suit, and to organize this for you, but I am not your servant, therefore I cannot put your requests first. I will find you the suit now, since it's quite pressing, but then I will go help Azula and her ladies in waiting to finish getting ready. I will be happy to come back tomorrow and organize the closet properly" the prince sighed and sat on the bed.

"Mai also said you were extremely loyal to Azula and put her first. She told me you're the best servant in the castle and I was hoping to steal you from my sister with this, but it seems that I failed in doing so" the prince smiled sadly before getting up. I looked at him as he took a black suit from the closet, the only one not messed up.

"forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Aang did not mess this closet, but you did. May I ask why you want the best servant in the castle, as you claim I am?" the prince looked at me, surprised.

"Mai and I will be married soon, and she values your opinions greatly. I was hoping to award you as her servant as a wedding present"

"I see, did you think about asking the fire lord for a transfer for me? He should be able to do this if he so wishes" the prince looked at me as I piled the clothes on the floor into the closet and closed the doors.

"I will be back tomorrow to organize this mess" I bowed to the prince before leaving.