Part 4

It took me two hours to find Mai. She was with the prince in his chambers, naked, in his bed. The prince himself opened the door for me after I knocked. Only he and Mai were in his room, they definitely did something they should not have done before they were married. The prince was bare chested, only a short pair of pants covered his private area. His eyes widened as I turned my back to him. I was not allowed to see the prince naked.

"you are not Aang"

"I am very sorry your highness, I need Mai, it is by order of your sister" I did not see what was happening in the room, a few seconds later a hand touched my shoulder and I turned to see the prince covered by a red robe. He let me in and closed the door behind me. He sat on the bed as I approached Mai, passing by the clothes they both wore when I last saw them on the floor. I gulped and hesitantly sat on the bed next to Mai.

"Azula requested you take a bath and start getting ready for the gala tonight, she says you have a role to play" I repeated what I heard Azula say a few days ago, in the last fitting of their dresses. Mai sighed and got up, taking the thin red blanket with her and tightening it to her body. The prince got up and stopped us.

"Mai, don't go yet" he took Mai's shoulders and kissed her, I felt as if I should not have seen this and turned my head to the window.

"I have to, but I will see you tonight, and we can continue this" Mai pushed past him and left the room. I looked at the prince as he sat back on the bed. I picked Mai's clothes from the floor and followed her out, the prince stopped me before I went through the door.

"after Mai gets out of the tub, come here. And bring another blanket" I nodded automatically and wondered inside why he would possibly need a servant girl for. I wasn't allowed to see him, nor the fire lord, in anything less than a shirt and pants, I assumed it was something regarding the way he looked when he opened the door.