1 - We Meet Again

You've dated only one guy since middle school and that guy was Sanzu Haruchiyo.

However, once Toman disbanded, he distanced himself from you and you two never really broke it off officially. The only one who comforted you during that time in your life was Rindou who couldn't care less about your rants but he would always listen and he would give you advice as well as options on how to deal with your heartbreak. His older brother, Ran, comforted you in a sweet yet flirty way but you would just laugh it off since it wasn't anything serious.

It's been years since you've seen them and you just got back from studying abroad. You were now working as a model and a brand ambassador for different things. You've been wanting a vacation and so you flew back to Japan.

Everything was just as beautiful as before but there were also a lot of changes. From what you knew a week after coming back, the Haitanis were now in a part of Japan's worst criminal organization called Bonten along with Mikey and Sanzu. The chances of crossing paths with any of them were slim but not totally zero. You didn't know if you had to be careful or not, hearing about what their crimes were.

The boys you knew back then had turned into men already and they surely changed for the worst, that much you know.

You were still friends with a lot of people from Toman even though you weren't exactly part of the gang. Mitsuya, Draken, Chifuyu, Pah, Smiley, they all kept in touch with you along with Yuzuha and Emma. They've invited you to a club to celebrate you coming back to Japan and how could you refuse, right?

As a model, you could look good in anything you put on without much effort. You were confident, as you should be. Nobody needed to tell you how beautiful you are because you already see that yourself and that's exactly what got you into modeling.

"Hey guys! Long time no see!" You gushed, rushing to them.

You were all huddled in a group hug inside in the VIP section, courtesy of Pah. Everyone grew up pretty nicely and even Hakkai got out of his little problem back then. He could fully hold a conversation with you now.

"It's great to see you again. We all missed you, you know?" Chifuyu said, scratching the back of his head.

"I'm glad to be back. I missed you guys too, so much." You smile at him.

You always hung out with him and Baji before and you were with him when he needed someone the most. You two leaned on each other when Baji died and that's why you always fought with Sanzu because he thought there was something going on with you and Chifuyu even though you explained countless of times that you and Chifuyu were only friends and that you'd never cheat.

"So, are you dating anyone? Surely, you're not single?" Yuzuha bombarded you with questions, Emma nodding along beside her in curiosity.

"I'm actually not dating anyone at the moment, no." You chuckle awkwardly.

Even though a lot of guys tried to get in a relationship with you, they just didn't give you that spark or thrill. You couldn't even force yourself to feel anything for them. The last person to ever make you feel something was Sanzu.

"Chifuyu and Mitsuya are single! Just putting it out there!" Draken loudly said before laughing.

Mitsuya and Chifuyu immediately punched Draken in the shoulders, yelling about how that was unnecessary to announce. You laugh at them, seeing them like this brings back so many memories. They didn't change that much, that's for sure.

Pah's already married, Hina and Takemichi are planning to get married soon and that's why they couldn't come since they were so busy. Draken is with Emma, Yuzuha is seeing a guy no one knows about, Hakkai's also seeing someone, and Smiley is way too busy with his shop to get into a relationship.

"Thanks, Draken." You chuckle. "I might consider dating one of them if I don't find my soulmate."

Mitsuya's cheeks flushed red. "Hey! Don't treat me as a second or third option!"

"Yeah! The same thing goes for me too!" Chifuyu added, his cheeks also flushed.

"Alright, alright!" You laugh and waved your hand. "I guess I'll just have to—"

At that moment, a group of men walked past your table to go to the other VIP table and you locked eyes with familiar blue ones. His scars were on full view now unlike before. Sanzu's eyes widened at you in recognition. Beside him, a guy with two toned mullet noticed he was looking at something and looked over at you.

Everyone in your table went quiet, realizing who were walking past and they all glared at one particular person and that was Sanzu. Upon realizing it was actually Rindou walking beside Sanzu, you felt betrayed. Rindou knew how much you went through because of Sanzu and seeing them together like friends hurt you. It's been so long but Sanzu still has that kind of impact on you.

"I have to go to the washroom." You say, standing from your seat after the men disappeared.

Everyone looks at you worriedly but you acted like you were fine. That didn't mean that anyone bought it, though.

"We should go with you." Yuzuha said, bringing Emma along with her.

"No, I'll be quick." You give them your best smile. "Please, stay here."

They nodded albeit reluctantly and you slip away, your breathing became heavier as you walk closer to the washroom. Looking in the mirror, you looked fine. Great, even. But inside? Oh, how broken you were inside.

The sound of the washroom door opening and closing caught your attention and you turn to the side only to face Mitsuya's concerned look.

"You don't look fine." He whispered, looking right into your eyes and seeing how you truly felt inside.

"I'm trying, Mitsuya." You breathed out.

"Let it out, it's fine." He spoke softly as he pulls you into a hug.

You couldn't cry, you wanted to but you just couldn't. You've been crying for so long that your eyes have dried up and now you couldn't cry anymore.

Mitsuya rubbed your back comfortingly, knowing you were still going through the pain of being left out of the blue. Everyone thought you had moved on already but clearly you haven't yet.

This was the first time Mitsuya has comforted you like this but you knew he would have done the same thing back then if he wasn't so busy.

The washroom door opened and closed again and your eyes darted to the person who came in, eyes widening in realization. The ends of his lips curled up, his beautiful eyes staring down at you with hostility.

"Well, this is interesting."