Chapter 4 Protected

July 8th, 2005

Something was happening that got a lot of the students of the school all worked up. I had to admit that I was curious to know what everyone was staring at so I decided to go take a peak. I was a little shocked at what I saw.

"What's going on here?" I asked while I walked towards the four people that were causing the disturbance.

"Oh, hey, Kai. We came to take your brother and go hang out for a bit," Mikey said with a smile.

"Okay, but why is my brother's girlfriend involved?"

"There was a misunderstanding," he answered me, "But everything is fine now. Right, Takemichi?"

"Uh, yeah," Take said.

I stared at them before looking around us. I sighed, feeling as though we should take this outside.

--------

"What kind of misunderstanding?" I asked once we were all outside the school doors.

"I-I slapped him. I thought they were bullying Takemichi-kun," Hinata informed me.

"Pfft," I couldn't stop myself from laughing, "You slapped him? To protect my brother. I knew I liked you."

She blushed in embarrassment.

"Mikey and Draken are my friends. They know I'd be pretty pissed if they messed with my little brother. So, you don't have to worry about that."

"Oh," she looked even more embarrassed, "I had no idea they were your friends, Kairi-chan." She turned to Mikey, bowing her head, "I'm sorry I slapped you."

"It's no problem," he said, "You gave me a real good slap though."

"I'm so sorry," she said again.

"It's good to protect the people who matter to you," his eyes flickered to me for a second, "But you should be careful. Things can go wrong depending who you are dealing with. They might hit you back even if you are a girl. But I would never hit one."

"Yeah," I said, "And you can always call me if my brother is in trouble. I am his older sister after all. I'll protect him."

"Kairi~," Take whined, embarrassed. "Shouldn't I be the one protecting you?"

"You don't worry about that," Mikey said with a smile, "I got that covered. I'll protect your sister."

I watched Draken smile at Mikey's words.

"Alright, alright," I pushed my brother towards the two boys.

"Hey, Kairi."

"They came all the way here to hangout with you. Now go before you all keep disturbing the school."

"But what about our date?" He looked at Hinata.

"It's okay. Be with your friends."

"Okay," he said before turning back to me, "You aren't coming."

"Nope. It's all you, little brother. Have fun."

I waved them off, following Hinata back through the school doors.

They are a bunch of pain in the asses. I couldn't help but smile though.

------

July 10th, 2005

"That little brother of yours is something else," Mikey told me as we ate at the same restaurant we had first hung out in. Mikey had ordered me a chocolate parfait again.