Chapter 48 Enemy Territory

April 14th, 2008

Takemichi watched as Toman members chatted amongst themselves as they continued to drink together. He felt like crying but did his best to keep it in. Instead, he focused on gaining as much information as he could just by listening and observing the ones around him. This is what he figured out:

Two years have passed since he last appeared in the past. That meant he went back in time 10 years instead of the usual 12 years. He wondered if it was because this time it was that he shook hands with Kairi rather than with Naoto. From what he could tell, in the last two years, Tanjiku merged with Toman. Toman stood at about 600 members and now some of the founding members of Black Dragons' first generation had joined them along with many new faces he did not recognize. So many things had changed in the last two years that it was hard for Takemichi to absorb it all.

But one thing was certain. Toman and 7S were enemies. They were two gangs warring over who would control all of Tokyo. They were the only gang left in Tokyo that stood in Kai's way. The reason they were all gathered together and drinking was a celebration of the draw they had that night. It seemed that they were able to withstand the battle against 7S yet again.

But...

Takemichi's eyes spotted Mikey as he sat drinking alone on top of the last steps. While everyone was cheering that they were able to hold off against 7S again, Mikey was quiet. Takemichi could see the dead look in Mikey's eyes. He looked like a man that had his heart ripped out of his chest, barely clinging to life. It was a painful sight to see.

"Neh, Chifuyu," Takemichi said.

"Mm?" Chifuyu hummed a response as he took a swig of his drink.

"How do you think Mikey-kun is doing?"

By the mention of their leader's name, everyone in the close vicinity went silent. They were no longer making joking remarks but looked at nothing as they held their cans in their hands.

"Are you an idiot?" Ayato spoke a few feet away from Takemichi as she sat next to Baji. "How do you think you'd be doing if the person you loved practically disappeared for two years and the only way you know she's alive is from hearing others speak about her?"

"Disappeared? But we were just up against Seven Deadly Sins weren't we?"

Baji narrowed his eyes, "Did you get hit in the head too hard? She never shows us her face. She only sends part of her gang to deal with us. It pisses me off."

Mitsuya leaned back, sighing, "We will just have to keep annoying them until she comes out."

"Hasn't that always been the plan from the start?" Izana let out, "But it is getting boring." He frowned.

It was true for them all. They always got attacked in strange ways. But there was never one of the Seven with the members. No. They sent one of their dogs instead with a vast number of what they call 'Sinners'. Toman had realized that the dogs which wore the word 'Hellhound' and the sin they were assigned to were acting like Vice-captains. In the two years of warring with 7S, they hardly ever caught a glimpse of the Seven. It was always a Hellhound.

"It's obvious we need to go on a hard offensive. Lately, we've only been waiting for them to attack us but what we should be doing is showing them just how much of a threat we are. She will show up if we do that," a girl that Takemichi could not recognize spoke up.

"Oh, shut up. Like you know anything," the 5th division's new Captain spoke.

The girl shot him a glare.

Another unfamiliar face sighed, rubbing his head as if he were getting a headache, "Enough. Both of you."

An intense conversation broke out between them about how to go about the situation. They were all so engrossed in the conversation and became rowdy that they missed the sounds of motorcycles nearby.