Chapter 6 Date

August 3rd, 2005

It was finally the night of the festival and I was all dressed up in a black kimono top with golden flower designs and black leggings underneath so that I could easily move my body if I needed to. I didn't like clothes that restricted my movement that much. The kimono top wouldn't have been the colors I would have normally picked out but I decided to go with the colors that Toman seemed to be associated with to show my support to my friends. I was second guessing myself though.

Is it too weird?

"Hey, there they are," my brother said to me.

I told Mikey I would meet him at the entrance of the shrine as my brother would be there to walk with me, seeing as he was going with his girlfriend.

I looked up to see Mikey standing with Draken as they chatted together.

"Hey," my brother called out as we got near to them.

I looked down at my feet feeling self-conscious and embarrassed.

I saw a pair of feet in my view as someone stood in front of me.

"You look good," I looked up to see Mikey smiling gently down at me. "Actually, the colors kind of suit you. You're beautiful." I didn't know why my heart decided to skip a beat at that moment.

I smiled, feeling confident in my choice now.

"Thank you, Mikey. It means a lot."

He offered me his hand.

I was a little confused and hesitantly moved to grab his hand.

He took my hand in his and started to pull me along with him, intervening our fingers together. I never once walked hand-in-hand with someone like that before. I kind of like it.

"We're going to go on ahead," he said to my brother and Draken.

"Sure," Take said.

"Have fun," Draken added, and teased, "And use protection."

Mikey turned to me, still holding my hand as we walked together, "Anything you want to do first?"

"Hmm," I looked around at all the games and food stalls.

It was hard to choose which one to do first. Honestly, I was fine with just walking with him like this. Just as I was about to answer him that I didn't know where to start, my eyes caught on something. It was an accessory stall.

"See something you like?" Mikey asked me.

My eyes were transfixed and a necklace with a blue glow-in-the dark pendant. It was really beautiful.

"We'll take this one," Mikey told the worker, handing him money for the necklace

"Wait. Mikey-"