Chapter 20 Disagreement

** You all are probably going to hate me for this chapter but I still hope you enjoy it. ^-^'

-------

November 25th, 2005

I did my best to contain my laughter as my brother sang. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding. I watched as everyone in the room laughed at my brother's failed attempt at singing. I was sure he could have done a better job but instead he decided to wake up being a clown today.

The song finally ended.

"Thank god," I commented, jokingly, "I don't think I could handle another second of whatever that was."

I heard our friends laughing.

My brother, on the other hand, sent me a glare, "Okay. Let's see you do any better."

Why did I pick karaoke for Emma's birthday again? Or right...

I gladly grabbed the mic from my brother's hand as I stood up from my spot next to Mikey, letting go of his hand, "With pleasure. You're big sis is about to show you how it's done."

"Uh huh. Sure. I bet you're just as terrible as me."

"How much?"

"500 yen."

"Bet."

I watched as he sat in his spot next to Hinata with my vacant spot on the other side of him. My brother was unaware that Masa and I would spend a lot of our time in a karaoke room singing our hearts out. It was one of our favourite activities. It was too bad he couldn't come today. But I was still having a blast. I was one of the last ones to go up.

Everyone sang really well. Minus my brother. Mitsuya's girlfriend was extremely good but she was an idol. I expected that. Mikey refused to sing though, finding joy in just watching everyone else.

I faced the screen after putting in the song I wanted to sing. My back was turned to my friends, which made me less nervous. I just decided to think that only Masa was behind me like normal. I wasn't going to think about my boyfriend or an idol listening and judging my singing.

I decided on a song I heard and could relate to my current situation with Mikey. I wanted to pour out all my feelings and bare my soul into this song even though it was just karaoke. That's just how much the song and Mikey meant to me.

I took a deep breath in as the music began.

(This is the song she is singing. Lyrics in the bio. PS: I love her music. It's surprising she doesn't have more of a following.)

I let out a breath of relief that it was over. I turned around to see a variety of stunned expressions on the faces of all the people in the room. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Damn, Kai," Draken said with a smirk on his face.

"That was so beautiful!" Emma added with a big smile.

"It really was," Chifuyu nodded his head.

"You didn't tell us you could sing," Mitsuya let out from beside his girlfriend at the closest end to me on my right.

I shrugged, "Not really something I share with people. Masa's been the only one to hear me sing. Until now."

"You should not be hiding your amazing voice," Sorano, Mitsuya's girlfriend, commented, "You should share it with the world."