Long Awaited - CB

{ plot - best friends become lovers at a party }
{ warnings: swearing, angst }
————————————————————

🥂❤️✨

🥂❤️✨

————————————————————

Third Person POV:
Tonight Why Don't We are holding a party to celebrate their new song and era.
It's dark outside, lights are flashing and music is blasting.
The door is constantly open as people swarm in.
Corbyn is stood at the kitchen island with a drink in his hand and a good view of the front door.
A house full of his friends and family yet he feels a little lonely.
And the fact that his band mates are accompanied by their girlfriends doesn't help.

He stands tall and sips his drink, observing the room.
Then, he notices a y/c/h walk through the door with a huge smile on her face.
He immediately spits out his drink when his brain processes who's walking into his bandmate's house right now.
The y/c/h struts with pride and laughs with her friends when entering the house.
Corbyn's entire focus is on her.
It's as if the room is silent and everyone else is blurred out of his eyesight.
It's as if she's walking in slow motion through winds as her hair swiftly blows, like in the movies.

Brought back to reality, Corbyn rushes over to his band mate, Daniel.
He nudges his shoulder and asks in a panic, "you invited y/n?"
Daniel turns around with a confused face, "yeah, she's our friend, is she not?"
Corbyn looks behind his shoulder and back anxiously.
"I mean, yeah but,"
Daniel interrupts, "Plus, I thought she'd be good company for you, you two seem to be close," he speaks with a smirk spread across his face.
"I've been avoiding her," Corbyn states.
"Who have you been avoiding?" A voice from behind speaks.
Corbyn jumps and quickly turns to see y/n standing with a bright smile on her face.
"Y/n! Hey..." he speaks nervously.
Y/n doesn't say anything as she waits for his reply to her previous question.
"Oh, my mother, she keeps squishing my face and telling me how proud she is," he partly lies.
"Like this?" y/n asks before proceeding to mimic his mother's actions.
She squishes his red cheeks and says "I'm so proud of you Corby Worby," with a grin on her face.
"Exactly like that," Corbyn chuckles.
"Seriously though, congrats guys, you made one hell of a tune," y/n says.
Daniel and Corbyn thank her.
"I'll leave you two to catch up," Daniel says before patting Corbyn's shoulder.

Daniel leaves the pair alone.
Y/n and Corbyn go to grab a new drink.
"So, how have you been?" Corbyn asks.
"What?" Y/n replies.
"How have you been?" Corbyn attempts to shout over the music.
"What?" Y/n repeats loudly.
Corbyn sighs and grabs y/n's hand and guides her to a quiet hallway.
"I said, how have you been?"
"Forget the small talk," y/n begins.
Corbyn's a little taken back by her statement.
"Anyone would think you've been avoiding me," y/n speaks with her arms folded.
"I've been busy," Corbyn partly lies again.
"Too busy for me?" She asks.
"Never," Corbyn speaks seriously with an almost sad glare in his eyes.
"Good," y/n speaks in the same monotone voice as his.
Y/n stares him down in silence as she waits for him to confess his truth.
"Fine," he begins.
"I have been avoiding you."
"I knew it!" y/n points playfully.
But she immediately gets sad when she realises.
"Why?" she questions in a soft voice.
Corbyn notices her sudden change of personality and starts to feel guilty.
"Through no fault of your own," Corbyn states as he grabs both of her hands with his to comfort her.
"It's me, I-I needed to focus on this single without any distractions."
"You're a distraction y/n."
Y/n doesn't respond instead she stares into his sparkling green eyes in shock.
Corbyn continues to talk, "I've grown these new feelings towards you and knowing I couldn't act on them was destroying me, so I had to distance myself for a while."
"Why couldn't you act on them?" Y/n asks sincerely.
"Well, I- . I don't know."
Y/n shakes her head then grabs the back of his neck and pulls him towards her, "just shut up, dummy."
Y/n presses her lips onto his and starts kissing him passionately.
Corbyn feeling both confused and intrigued, kisses her back with the same passion.
A few seconds later, Corbyn pulls away and rests his hands on her waist.
"Fuck," he breathes out.
They both stare into one another's eyes, breathing heavily as their faces are just inches apart.
"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this," Corbyn says lustfully.
"Then, let's not keep you waiting any longer,"
y/n says before smashing her lips onto his once again.
————————————————————
A/N: Sorry the updates have been slow recently, I have a lot of school work to do.
Thank you for the love as always <3

Published: 9th October 2021