The Other Side Of The Door - DS

{ plot - yourself and Daniel have a 'friends with benefits' relationship but you want more }

{ based on the song "the other side of the door" by Taylor Swift }

{ warnings: mature content }

————————————————————
💌✨☔️

————————————————————💌✨☔️

💌✨☔️

————————————————————

Third POV:

"I can't do this anymore" y/n says as she buttons up her top.
Daniel remains laying shirtless in bed.
"What do you mean?"
"This, whatever this is" y/n says and points between the two of them.
"I haven't got time to sneak around like teenagers anymore Daniel."
Daniel's heart sinks.
"But, I-I thought you enjoyed it."
"It was fun whilst it lasted but I think we have some growing up to do" y/n explains as she ties her shoe laces together.
Daniel stands up from the bed and walks over to her.
"Since when did you become all mature" Daniel says with a chuckle.
Y/n rolls her eyes at his immature behaviour towards the situation.
"I'm serious Daniel, it's over" the y/c/h says before storming out of the door.
Part of Daniel wanted to chase after her and part of y/n wanted that too.

Daniel was a famous singer as we all know and he wanted a private relationship but he also didn't want to commit to a complete relationship instead he wanted a fun distraction  from work.
Y/n liked the idea of the casual hookup at first because she was attracted to Daniel and she too didn't want to commit to a relationship as she loved being an independent woman who focused on her work.
That was until Daniel distracted her from her work which defeated the object and she began to feel strong emotions for the boy which could lead to a 'messy' relationship between the two.

Y/n knew Daniel still didn't want to commit to a relationship so she had to put a stop to 'the casual hookup' before she got hurt.

Corbyn, Daniel's bandmate and best friend, walked into his bedroom.
"Did I just see y/n storm out of here?"
"That you did" Daniel says whilst looking out of his window like a sad puppy.
"Why's that?" Corbyn asks.
"She doesn't want to 'hookup' anymore."
"Why?" Corbyn asks.
Daniel faces Corbyn and sits on the bed to  explain.
"She said she can't 'sneak around like a teenager anymore'" Daniel says, making air quotes.
"Maybe she's ready for a real relationship" Corbyn suggests.
"We are talking about the same y/n right?" Daniel asks sarcastically.
"Well, she's secured her dream job, got her own place and now she has the time to focus on a relationship."
Corbyn tries to get Daniel to see what he sees.
"Maybe" Daniel says as he looks out of the window again.
"Dude, do you like her?" Corbyn asks bluntly.
"Of course" Daniel replies without hesitation.
"Then, why aren't you two dating yet?!"
"I don't know" Daniel mumbles.
Corbyn stands over Daniel and slaps him across the face.
"Ow, what was that for?!" Daniel turns to face Corbyn.
"I was trying to knock some sense into you. You clearly like her but you keep acting like a child."
"Talk about tough love" Daniel says.
Corbyn gives him a look of judgment.
"I know, you're right."
"She's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I go to  sleep. She's pretty much all I think about, all I can write about and I want to spend all of my time with her."
"You have to tell her this" Corbyn suggests.
"I'm going to" Daniel says as he rises from the bed.
"Go get her man" Corbyn says and taps Daniel's shoulder.
Daniel sprints out of the house and towards
y/n's.

Meanwhile at y/n's house:

Y/n is sat on her bed reading a romance book.
But, she finds it hard to concentrate when all she can think about is Daniel.
Why couldn't they have a cute relationship where they do fun things like go for a picnic like in the books she reads she thought to herself.

The rain poured onto her window as the sun left.
Y/n thought it was over for her and Daniel after he never ran after her or even mentioned having a 'normal' relationship.

Y/n turned the page of her book to find a Polaroid of herself and Daniel wrapped up in her bedsheets with messy hair and bright smiles.
She gently rubbed her thumb over the Polaroid as she reminisced.

Y/n had always convinced herself that she didn't need him instead wanted him but after spending so much time together she felt she did indeed need him to be completely happy.

Y/n was disturbed from her thoughts when she heard a tap on her window.
She set her book and the Polaroid on her bedside table and got up to see out of the window.
There stood Daniel in the pouring rain, throwing pebbles at her window.
She quickly opened her window with a confused look on her face.
"Daniel?" She shouted down.
"Y/n" Daniel says, still gasping for air.
He takes a deep breath before shouting again.
"I'm in love with you!" He waved his arms in the air.
Y/n was gobsmacked but relieved.
She runs down the stairs and out of her door.
"I'm in love with you!" She repeats his words as she runs through the pouring rain.
As soon as she reaches Daniel, the pair connect lips passionately.
Daniel's hands were gently resting on y/n's waist and her hands were running through his blonde hair.
After a short while, they pull away and lean their foreheads on one another.
Y/n whispers, "I must confess, I need you."

————————————————————
A/N: I've been obsessed with this song recently and I really enjoyed writing this!

Enjoy the double upload today ;)

Published: 19th July 2021