Addicted To You - ZH

{ plot - just two reckless teenagers in love }

{ warnings - angst, mentions of smoking }
|
{ I do not promote smoking in any way nor do I think it's something to be romanticised in the real world }
————————————————————

🚬✨💍

🚬✨💍

————————————————————

Third person POV:

Y/n is laying in her bed, watching tv when she hears a ding noise from her phone.
She picks up her phone from her bedside table to see the notification
'Message from Zachary<3'
She smiles and opens the notification.
Y/n's smile grows larger when the message reads "meet me at the usual in 10 minutes."
After quickly replying "okay," y/n puts on some shoes and a hoodie before heading out.

10 minutes later she made it to their spot.
Their 'usual spot' was an abandoned library located in between both of their houses.
They came across it one day when they got bored in their small hometown.
The place was dark, cold and empty but that didn't stop the pair from enjoying the space.
A week after finding it they added some cushions, blankets and fairy lights to the corner of the room.

"Zach?" y/n whispers as she walks through the front door.
"Over here" Zach replies from the lit corner.
"Hey, everything okay?" y/n asks whilst walking towards him.
He stands up to greet his girlfriend with a hug.
They hug contently for a few seconds, taking in the warmth of one another.
Zach leans back and looks into y/n's piercing eyes.
"Yeah, I just wanted to see you" he finally replies as he softly cups her face with his cold hands.
Y/n smiles and places her hands on top of his, "your hands are freezing!"
Zach lets go of her face and guides her to sit on top of the set blanket.
"I know, I've been sat in this cold place, alone for the past 10 minutes."
Y/n looks at him slightly confused.
"I texted you when I got here" Zach explains.
"So why did you tell me to come in 10 minutes? You know I would have come straight away," y/n questions him.
Zach innocently shrugs, "I didn't want you to panic, I know it takes you at least 5 minutes to put your converses on."
"I can't argue with that" y/n replies and they both chuckle.

"I know what will warm us up" Zach says with a smirk before turning to rummage through his backpack.
Y/n can already tell what he's talking about by the smirk that lays on his face.
He pulls out a cigarette and a lighter and faces y/n excitedly.
"Just wanted I needed" y/n says in content.
"You okay?" Zach asks with concern.
"I've been really stressed with work lately."
"Talk to me" Zach simply adds before placing the cigarette between his lips and begins to light it with the lighter.
"I don't want to talk about it... it's just I'm still doing Lucy's job whilst she's on maternity leave as well as my own because stupid Jamie won't get someone to cover and he refuses to pay me more when I should be" y/n vents to Zach.
Zach chuckles to himself whilst y/n sighs in exhaustion.
"Here" he says whilst handing her the already lit cigarette.
She places it between her pink lips and sucks in the nicotine aggressively before breathing out slowly just seconds later.

The pair are sitting cross legged with their knees touching.
Zach takes back the cigarette and places it back between his lips and breaths in.
Then, he leans forward and gently places his hands on her thighs.
Y/n also leans forward before closing her eyes and opening her mouth.
Zach purses his lips into a round shape as he slowly breathes the smoke out and into
y/n's mouth like it's a tunnel.
Y/n leans closer to kiss Zach.
Immediately, he kisses her back with angst and passion.
The tension causes them to feel warm in the cold room.

Moments later, Zach and Y/N are leaning against the wall with a blanket over their legs.
Zach's arm is draped over y/n's shoulder as she holds his hand.
Admiring his hand, y/n notices something unusual.
"Where are you rings?" she asks whilst looking up to his face.
"Oh, that reminds me," Zach says as he turns to go in his backpack again.
Although, this time, y/n has no idea what he's talking about.
He pulls out a small black box and turns to face y/n, sitting with his legs crossed once again.
"I got you something," he speaks with a soft yet enthusiastic tone.
Y/n reciprocates his sitting position and looks at him confused.
He hands her the box and orders her to open it so she does.
She gasps in shock and happiness.
"You got us matching rings?" y/n questions, hoping her calculations were correct.
"I did," Zach nods with a bright smile.
He then pulls the rings out of the box and gently places one on y/n's finger, the other on his.
Y/n spreads her fingers and holds her hand up in front of her face.
"I love it," she says in awe.
"I'm glad," Zach replies before reciprocating her hand movements and placing his on hers.
They intertwine their fingers before dropping their linked hands into Zach's lap.
Y/n leans close to his face and stares up into his eyes.
"Who knew thee Zachary Dean Herron was such a softie," she chuckles.
Zach chuckles but does not reply to her rhetorical question as he admires her face.
Y/n gently grabs his face with one hand and squishes his cheeks until his lips are pursed.
"I did," she states with a smile before softly pecking him on the lips.
"I love you," Zach simply states.
"I love you too baby."

————————————————————
A/N: If you couldn't tell already, I've been reading a lot of outerbanks fanfiction ;)

Side note: I wanted to thank those who have been adding my book to their library, it doesn't go unnoticed and I really appreciate it!

Thanks for reading!
All my love <3

Published: 9th of September 2021