Proposal - JM

{ Plot - Yourself and Jonah plan to propose to one another but not everything goes according to plan }

🚘💍🌌

🚘💍🌌

————————————————————

Your POV:

3 years ago today Jonah and I became an official couple and what an amazing 3 years it has been. I love Jonah more than words can say and I want to spend the rest of my life with him which is why I decided that today I was going to propose to him.

As a child, I always dreamt that my boyfriend would propose to me but, it's 2021, women can do it to. Plus, Jonah is such a romantic, he has done lots of lovely things for me throughout the years, so I decided to surprise him instead.

So, tonight we are going to the same restaurant that we ate at on our first date.

Earlier that day I told Jonah to dress for a romantic date and of course he lived up to my high expectations.
There he was, standing in the living room of our shared apartment, in a navy suit with his hair set perfectly.
"Hello handsome" I say and he turns to face me.
His jaw drops.
"You're looking very dapper sir" I say with a terrible, posh English accent and curtesy.
He smiles.
"And you miss, are looking as beautiful as ever" he says in the same silly English accent whilst holding my hand. Then he gently places a soft kiss on top of it.

"Are you ready?" I ask.
He nods and we walk out of the door.

Jonah's POV:

Today marks the day of y/n and I's three years of dating. I decided today was as good as a day ever to finally propose to the love of my life.
I adore y/n and I couldn't think of any reason why I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with her. She's the most amazing girlfriend I could ask for, which is why I wanted to surprise her tonight.

When y/n mentioned about going out to eat tonight I thought it was the perfect opportunity to prepare a surprise at home.

On our first date, y/n said she hoped that when she was old she could sit in a rocking chair next to the love of her life and cherish the life they created together. Pretty deep for a first date, I know but that's what I loved about our first date, we instantly felt comfortable with one another.

That's why I asked Corbyn and Zach to set two rocking chairs by the fire in our home, where I could ask her to marry me.

Y/n drove us to the restaurant and as soon as I stepped foot out of the car I knew.

This is the same restaurant where we had our first date.
Something was telling me... she was going to propose!

I was in awe over the fact that she wanted to propose to me, I almost let it happen but, then I remembered, y/n had always dreamed about this day since she was a little girl and I knew she would love my idea so I had to go though with it.

We walk hand in hand into the restaurant.
"I don't feel so good, y/n"
"What, why what's wrong baby?" she asks sweetly, looking into my eyes sympathetically.

God, I loved this girl so much, which is why I just had to go through with my plan.

"I feel sick" I continue.
"Aww, I'm sure you'll feel fine as soon as we sit down" y/n says as she guides us to our set table.
"No, I really don't feel well" I say before frankly running out of the restaurant.
"I'll meet you in the car" I shout.

Your POV:

Well, that didn't go according to plan.
We're currently on our way home because Jonah felt ill.

Luckily for me, I have a plan B.
I asked Daniel and Jack to plan a picnic in our balcony so we could stargaze.

I let Daniel and Jack know that we were on our way home earlier than expected and head back out on the road.

"How are you feeling, Jo?"
I gesture for him to grab my hand to which he does so.
"A bit better now" he replies with a smile.

There's a comfortable silence.
Until, there was a slight 'bang' noise.
One of the car tyres had a puncher in it.

"Great" I say sarcastically before pulling over.

Jonah and I get out of the car to grab the spare tyre from the boot/trunk.
"I'll do this" Jonah says as he goes to grab the tyre.
"No, you're sick. Let me" I insist as I pick up the tyre myself.
But, Jonah was having none of it.
"Please, let me, I don't want you to ruin your beautiful dress" he says and tries to grab the tyre out of my arms.
I pull it back to my chest and he pulled it back again.
This went on for another few seconds until we dropped it and it rolled down the tall banking/cliff.
I huff in annoyance.
"You could have just let me do it."
"Sorry, I thought I was helping" Jonah says, also annoyed.

Third POV:

Y/n sighs and leans on the edge of the car to look out over to the city.
"Tonight was supposed to be special" she says in a sad tone.
Jonah, with a frown on his face, walks over to sit next to her.
"It's always special when I'm with you" he reassures her as he puts his hand over hers.
She grabs his hand and looks into his eyes before leaning her head on his shoulder.
"It's been an awesome three years, hasn't it?" Y/n says, still looking out at the view.
Jonah doing the same, "it has."

Suddenly, y/n moves excitedly to face Jonah.
"Remember our first apartment" she says with a smile.
"How could I forget?"
"It was so small but cute" y/n says.
"I still have the spare key" Jonah says as he goes to grab them out of his pocket.
He dangles them between the pair with a smirk on his face.
"You were supposed to give them back" y/n says and playfully slaps him.
Jonah drops the keys and they both laugh.
Both y/n and Jonah bend down on the ground to grab the keys.
Their hands touch on top of the keys.
Both of them leaning on one knee as they stare into one another's eyes.
It was in this moment that they both knew without speaking a word.
And, without the question being asked.
In sync, they say "yes."

————————————————————
A/N: This was inspired by Mitch and Cam's proposal story in 'Modern Family'.
I hope you liked it!

Also, thank you so much for 2K reads!! <3

Published: 21st June 2021