Chapter 13 - THREE SURPRISES

When Julian didn't return later that evening George and the others started to wonder where he was. George tried to call him on his smartphone, and although the phone would ring no one answered, it was all very strange

''He's probably taken himself off somewhere and lost track of time'' Jake said

''But why won't he answer his phone?'' Chloe wondered

George was very quiet during dinner, and clearly had something on his mind

''You've hardly touched your food at all'' Jake said ''Come on try not to worry about Julian too much he is fine I'm sure''

''Jake, it's not just about Ju, after dinner, we should go and talk in private there is something I need to tell you''

''Ok..'' Jake was concerned now, George clearly had something on his mind that was bothering him a lot, it was obvious 

After dinner, George and Jake went for a walk along the coastal path. It was a dark and dreary evening, with dark clouds overhead and a fierce wind. Demon's rocks looked creepy and forboding out in the ocean in the dark evening

''How do you feel about being a father?'' George said as they walked

Jake, understandably was taken aback by the question ''I never really gave it much thought'' he said ''I mean maybe one day but I'm still very young now. Why?''

SURPRISE #1

''Jake I'm pregnant'' George said ''I did a pregnancy test earlier today and there is no doubt about it. There I was living as a young man but forgetting that I still have a woman's body and I can still carry a child and we weren't being as careful as we thought we were...''

Jake was stunned by the news and stared at George in surprise ''Are you sure?'' he asked at last ''You could have made a mistake''

''I'm sure, my period was late and the test was positive. I will get it confirmed but I know I am pregnant. There I was living as a boy and forgetting that I still have a female body...''

''What do you want to do about it? do you want to keep it?''

''Yes, I think so. I mean I'd like to be a mum....dad..oh whatever, I'd like to be a parent! I wasn't planning to do it at 18 but it happened and I want to keep it. How do you feel?''

Jake took George's hand and smiled at him and kissed him ''I think it's great'' he said happily ''We'll be good parents I know it. I would have preferred to wait a few more years but it's happened now, and it will be great''

''But the baby will have two dads...and one of the dads is also going to be their mum too. I don't know. I know how cruel this world can be, and I don't want to bring a child into it to suffer and be bullied. I'd hate that''

''Things are improving all the time when it comes to stuff like this. Look how much people accept you as a male and us two being together, we haven't had that many problems have we? It's harder for the Julies in this world I'd say''

''Yeah, I guess so. I hope so anyway''

They headed back to the cottage

''Let's not tell the others yet'' George said ''we'll keep it to ourselves for now''

''I agree''

''I hope Julian is back by now''

He wasn't

''Oh where is he'' Chloe cried almost in tears ''George, Jake I'm so worried now I really am''

''So I am'' George said and hugged Chloe