Chapter 3 - A NEW LIFE FOR QUENTIN, ANNE, AND FANNY

Quentin and Fanny invited George, Julian, Chloe, and Jake around for dinner one night

''We have some major news to tell you'' Quentin told them ''Your mother, Anne and I are moving to Australia. I've been offered a new job which I will be paid a lot of money for, a nice house and good prospects. It's far too good an offer to turn down''

The four of them all looked stunned by the news

''Now that you're both adults living your own lives I am totally confident about leaving you both alone to manage'' Fanny told George and Julian ''I am proud of you both and you must remember that any time you need us we will only be a phone call away''

''Yes and it's only a day away on the plane when all is said and done'' Quentin added ''I know it seems so far but the Earth is really not that big a place and I'll pay the fare for you to visit any time you like''

''Well this is all so unexpected though'' Julian said ''we had no idea something like this might happen''

''We think it's best to make a fresh start'' Fanny told them ''Since all the stuff with Roland and Dick dying, well we've hung on here as long as we can but now it's time to move on. I'm not happy here anymore, I'm tired, there are too many memories here, many of them good of course but some not so good. It's time for a change''

''You'll be watching the reruns of Prisoner: Cell Block h the moment you get there I bet'' George joked

''Nah, rather watch Bondi Rescue instead. I must say it is a guilty pleasure to watch those dishy lifeguards racing into the sea to rescue people'' Fanny said with a chuckle  

''I'm surprised Anne is happy about moving there'' Julian said ''I mean Anne I thought you were happy here and what about Billy, you will miss him?''

''Ju, Bill, and I broke up last week'' Anne said with a shrug ''he is a nice boy and we'll stay friends but we just aren't right for each other as a couple. Too much bickering about one thing or another. I am looking forward to going. You guys know I like watching Home and Away and I plan on visiting the beach where they film it and maybe even meeting the legendary Alf Stewart!''

''How do you both feel about us going?'' Quentin asked George and Julian

They both said they were fine with it ''We're ok here'' George said ''Ju and I are going to be a team once I finish training as a mechanic''

''I will miss you both terribly'' Fanny told them ''I'll phone as often as I can and we can talk on skype also''

The house was sold. Everyone felt sad. This was the house they had lived in for so many years, the house that George, Julian, Anne, and Dick grew up in  

On the day they finally left the house they stood in the empty rooms looking one last time. It was haunting and sad like this. George and Julian came to help them pack up.

''I'll miss this place'' George said with tears in his eyes

''So will I'' Julian said and the others all said it too

''But life changes'' Quentin said ''nothing stays the same forever. And we'll always have our memories of this place''

Finally, Quentin, Anne, and Fanny left for the airport. There were lots of hugs and kisses and tears. Life would never be the same ever again but everyone was happy and excited knowing that there were exciting days ahead. It was time for a new start and it was exciting and sad both at the same time