Chapter 4 - STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE

Julie was a good friend to George over the next few weeks as he came to terms with Fanny, Quentin, and Anne leaving. Julie also did buy furniture for George. George felt bad about it and said that Julie didn't have to do it but Julie insisted

''George, I want to help you and Jake settle into your new home and you need some nice furniture. Let me be your friend and help you out please''

Then Julie invited George and Jake to an evening out at a cabaret club. 

''I sing cabaret there'' Julie told them ''Harold will come with us, it will be good for you to meet him. And I will be dressed up as Diana Ross, she is my favorite singer since childhood! I will sing some of her old hits with the Supremes!''

''I bet it you are a lovely singer Julie'' George said ''I can't wait to hear you sing and I like a bit of Diana Ross myself, I have always liked Motown''

''I am not a bad singer but I don't really compare to Diana, I always wanted to be a famous singer, it was my dream but it never happened''

On the night they went there was no sign of Harold

''I thought you said Harold was going to join us?'' George said

''He was yes, that was until we had a fight and he refused to come'' Julie said bitterly ''We always fight and sometimes it turns nasty''

''Oh what a shame I was looking forward to meeting him''

''He always does this you know'' Julie said angrily ''lets me down, hurts me. I tell you George once again you're so much luckier than I am. Here you are with a lovely fiance, very happy together, very settled. And there is me with Harold and our endless fights and problems. Oh George you really are so lucky, you have everything I ever wanted''

Julie stared at them and looked almost angry with them. George and Jake felt uncomfortable again

''Oh my god please forgive me George, and Jake, oh there I go again being a pain. you must think me an awful bore by now''

''Oh don't be silly Ju'' George said and hugged her ''I understand you're upset. Hey come on we need to get there for you to start your performance, I am looking forward to hearing you sing!''

A while later Julie was up on the stage dressed up in a majestic gown and earrings, makeup, and hair done like Diana Ross. Glamorous

The band started to play the music and Julie began to sing one of the Supreme's most famous songs

''STOP! in the name of love before you break my heart my heart'' She sang, her voice was surprisingly powerful. Better than George and Jake had expected

''Baby, baby, I'm aware of where you go..each time you leave my door...I watch you walk down the street...Knowing your other love you'll meet...But this time before you run to her...Leaving me alone and hurt...(Think it over) After I've been good to you. (Think it over) After I've been sweet to you''

And suddenly Julie had tears streaming down her face but she carried on regardless

''I've known of your, your secluded nights...I've even seen her, maybe once or twice...But is her sweet expression...Worth more than my love and affection?.. But this time before you leave my arms and rush off to her charms...(Think it over) Haven't I been good to you?.. (Think it over) Haven't I been sweet to you?''

And Julie was in floods of tears now

''Stop! In the name of love, before you break my heart...Stop! In the name of love before you break my heart...Think it over, Think it over...I've tried so hard, hard to be patient..hoping you'll stop this infatuation...But each time you are together...I'm so afraid I'll be losing you forever''

And Julie collapsed to her knees in tears and George had to go and comfort her

''Oh Ju, what is it? Why are you so upset?''

''George he's cheating on me. Harold is cheating, I know he going to leave me! Oh George I wish I had a nice boyfriend like your Jake, you are so lucky''

And everyone in the cabaret club was stunned and silent by the outburst