Chapter 29; The Cure Is..What??

Damon's P.O.V.-

"What did you do?" Stefan mouthed with wide eyes as I watched Loralie hop up the stairs to her room. I shrugged and threw him an offended look, How could he assume I did something? He smiled as Elena looked at him, and sat on the couch with her. I walked a step into the living room, when Caroline and Matt shoved by me. They sat on the chair together across from Stefan and Elena. I turned my gaze to Bonnie and Jeremy, who seemed to be interested in eachother also. I widened my eyes and sighed, before holding my hands up in mock surrender, not that any of them would notice. 

I immediately turned around, everyone else was with someone, It was my turn to find my girl. I walked up the stairs, and slowly opened her bedroom door. The room was empty, and the bathroom door was closed and fog seeped out under the door. She must have been in the shower, so I distracted myself with looking at the things that filled her room. I made my way over to her dresser, where papers were stacked up and pictures stuck into the mirror. One was of her, maybe around 7 years old, her hair was to her shoulders, and her blue eyes were wide as she smiled to the camera. The girl next to her was around 7 also, she had the same colored hair, only straighter, and her eyes were dark brown. Elena.

They smiled and hugged one another, and I narrowed my eyes looking at the next one. She was 15, maybe. She had the same features as now, only they looked younger, more innocent. She was on Jeremy's back, and he carried her through what looked like an old living room. The last one planted a lump in my throat, it was her, around 17, couldn't have been but a few months before her mother and father died. She looked exactly the same. She wore a light pink sun dress with white top, a brown belt going across the middle, and the bottom flaring out to a pink. Her brown hair had the bangs pinned back. She sat on the couch, staring at the camera with a bright happy smile, it was at Elena's house. She must have been visiting. Her mother and father sat on each side of her. Her mother had a hand on her shoulder, and her father stared at her, not the camera, in a way that made him look happy, proud, almost like he was trying to savor the moment. 

I slowly turned my attention to the light pink book on the dresser. It was blank, except for a string that held it shut. Against everything inside me, I reached down and unhooked the string, opening it slowly.

I flipped to a random page, and began reading.

Dear Diary,

I'm not sure what to think right now, I mean, I never thought this would ever happen. Mom and Dad,..I can't even say that word. Gone..Why sugar coat it. That's the truth, they're gone. According to horror movies, you can be 'dead' and still be walking, A.K.A.; Zombie. No, a better definition, my parents are gone. Forever. Now I have to move back to Mystic Falls, I escaped that place when I was 5, I don't want to go back now. But I can't let Elena or Jeremy do this alone, we are a family, and family sticks together. No matter what, right? Well, Time to get on the plane, wish me luck?

I raised an eyebrow and flipped down a few pages.

Dear Diary,

Today, I met this weird guy. His name is..wow, I forget. I remember he has Black hair, and blue eyes, not like mine, his are a bit lighter than mine. I know his name starts with either a 'D' or an 'O'..It's a 'D'.! His name is Damon Salvatore. He's my sister's boyfriend's brother. He's like 20 or something? I don't know, but he attacked me, and I had to use my ability to get free. He's strong, to strong to be human,..wait! I think that's him, he's knocking at the door. 

He wants to go on a walk, be right back.

Okay..I get 100 points. I was right, he's not human. He's a vampire. A v.a.m.p.i.r.e. How is that even possible!? Wait..nevermind. He calls me kid too, which annoys me a bit. Well, I have to go do important 18 year old stuff.