Chapter 5;Get used to it.

Damon's P.O.V.-

I never thought I would feel like this, this horrid. I sat alone at the bar in the Grill. As Usual. I sipped my bourbon but I still couldn't get my dirty deed off of my mind. As soon as my cup was empty I slid it across the bar. The bartender immediately caught it, he was used to me. He knew exactly what I got each time. I would walk in, sit down in the exact same seat each time, and he would pour my my bourbon, and leave me be. I watched as he filled it back up and slid it over to me, my hand flung up and caught it before it fell off of the bar. I pulled it back towards me and sighed.I shouldn't feel like this, I could easily just tear off a few heads and switch my emotions off, and I'd be okay. But I hadn't, and I didn't know why I hadn't. I told the girl I cared for her, then I turn on her. For the first time in my life, I hated myself. 

"Why so glum?" I turned my attention to the highschool waiter, Matt. He sat beside me and I swished my bourbon around and stared at it, before answering. "I..kind of lied to someone. I told them I cared about them, then I go and..I back stab them," I looked up at him and shrugged before looking back down at my alcohol. "I guess you could call it backstabbing." I took a quick gulp of the bourbon before setting the glass down on the bar. "Well, it must be someone important, you don't just feel sorry for anyone. Hell, I've never even seen you feel sorry for yourself." His words stabbed at my chest. I knew she was important, I didn't need to hear it from anyone, let alone someone who was supposed to be currently waiting me, so why wasn't he. "Well, I kind of had...Have...Feelings for her." I corrected myself. "Did you tell her?" He asked. I looked up at him with a stupid look, "Tell her? Hell, with the things she's heard about me, she doesn't even think I'm capable of feeling when it comes to love, so why would I tell her about my feelings for her?" I shook my head and turned my gaze back down to the bar. 

"Because, she deserves to know.." I looked up at him quickly. I had a quick, smartass comeback, but I couldn't say it. It got stuck in my throat, he was right. I had to tell her, I should have atleast. Now it was to late. She was gone, and as far as I was concerned I wouldn't ever see her again.And right now, I was sure I would forget about this all in a week. I would forget about hurting her, about my feelings for her, and if I was lucky, I'd forget about ever meeting her. "Yeah, well sometimes it's to late, no matter what stupid cinderella book tells you differently." I stood up and tossed a five on the bar before turning and leaving.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I woke up, but instead of it being light outside, Like I remembered it, it was nighttime. "What happened?" I mumbled, sitting up off of the chilled forest floor. I laid my forehead against my palm and tried to rub the headache I had away. Slowly I stood up, but of course, I stumbled and fell against a tree. My breathing was hard and my heart was...my heart..I couldn't hear it in my ears like I usually could when I was dizzy. Maybe,..maybe I was just too dizzy to hear it..if that made any sense. I sighed and leaned my back up against the tree. "Stefan.." I mumbled, "Ste.." I felt my headache getting worse. " Stefan!" I managed to yell, though it came out a lot more quiet than it sounded to me. I turned my gaze in the direction I knew my house was. I knew the forest like the back of my hand. I spent my childhood exploring them. I pushed myself off of the tree and stumbled  forward, into another tree.

It took me around an hour to get to the edge of the forest using my stumble and hit a tree method. I managed to fall to my knees and crawl forward, to the porch. Once I made it to the stairs, I fell, and my vision got blurry. I made out the image of the front door being opened, and Stefan stepping out. He must have been over there with Elena. "Oh god, Loralie.!" I heard, and felt him kneel beside me and slowly lift my chin. "Shit." were the last words I heard, before feeling myself being lifted up and carried somewhere, then blacking out.