Chapter 27;What Emotions?

Stefan's P.O.V.-

"Damon, don't you'll break the door!" I warned as he threw open the front door of the house. It bounced off of the wall, leaving a small crack in the wall, and slammed shut in my face. I took a step back, before opening it. He stood in the living room, opening a bottle of bourbon.

"Damon, what are you doing?" I asked walking in the house and closing the door. "What I do best, Drinking and calming down." He said tipping the bottle up to his lips and taking a couple gulps, before Tipping it back down and closing his eyes. I suppose to get rid of the burning sensation alcohol gave you when you drank that much of it. 

"Damon, Stefan.." We both turned to look at the front door, which had been opened without us noticing. Elena stood in the doorway, she eyed us both. "What?" Damon asked after a moment of silence, his voice was bitter and cold. "I was just,..coming by to see if you two had gotten Loralie. Bonnie told me what happened to her.." She said eyeing the crack in the wall. 

Damon rolled his eyes and lifted the bottle back up to his lips. She looked up at me, after realizing Damon was no help. "She uhm.." I paused. "She chose to stay." I avoided the details. It was for the best. 

"She chose to stay?" She asked, "That can't be right.." She said now worried. She walked further into the house. "Don't." Damon warned, his voice was low and threatening. He looked over at her, pointing at her with the bottle. "Don't come any further into this house." He said. She narrowed her eyes at him, "Damon, I-"

"You what, Elena!?" He yelled. "You just want to find your dear sister!?" He mimicked in her voice. "Well she's a bit busy, screwing around with Klaus, try again later." He said, his voice going threateningly low. "Damon, leave her be." I said, my own tone going low. 

He looked up at me, his eyes now glossy, with anger or sadness, I didn't know. He gripped the bottle tighter and shook his head, staring at her. "She's gone, Elena." He said, trying to change his tone. "She doesn't want to be here with us, she doesn't care about you, or Jeremy. She doesn't want Bonnie or Stefan to help her, she wants to be with Klaus. She's happy with him. Who are we to object to her?" He said, his voice going sarcastic and angry. 

"She wants to be with Klaus?" Elena whispered to me. I looked down, and she followed my gaze to the floor, understanding my silence as a 'yes'.

"Well, there's got to be a way." She said. Something snapped, I saw something break apart in his eyes, and in a blur, he swung his arm and chunked the bottle at the wall. It hit it with a loud crash and shattered into a million pieces before scattering across the living room floor.

I bent over, and covered Elena from the shards of glass. When we looked back up, the living room was empty. He was gone. 

Loralie's P.O.V.-

It was dark when I left the large house. I didn't have to sneak out, Klaus had left a few hours ago, sending most of his hybrids on errands. Leaving only 4 to gaurd me. It wasn't hard to take them, out, a few of them begged for mercy, promised me they would changed if I spared them, but I felt nothing, no sorrow, no kindness. So, it was easy to sink my fingers into their chests and pull their hearts out into the open. That was the only reason I killed all of them, any other day I would have easily lost to them, but no emotions clouded my mind.

I left them laying around in the house, so he would find them as soon as he got back. But one had gotten me, pretty good too, if I do say so myself. My head pounded with pain, a small slash across my cheekbone dripped warm blood down my cheek. I felt weak, scared. I was lucky enough to get away without any of them biting me. I was a vampire and a shapeshifter, so a bite from a werewolf or a hybrid would still kill me.

The worst pain came from my stomach, where a weaker hybrid used a knife on me. I held the wound with my hand, trying to stop the heavy flow of blood. It seeped through my t-shirt, and dripped onto the ground. I wore my usual shorts and t-shirt. My hair was tied back in a bun, and my hand still dripped with fresh, warm blood.

 I sat at the base of a large dog-wood tree. The white flowers just blooming for the Spring, were visible through the darkness. I looked over the edge of the bank, at the large river below me. It was one of the first things I noticed when I moved here, I loved it, it was a beautiful road nature made. That was cheesy, but I believed it.

"Loralie?" I turned my head, ignoring the pain that it sent through my neck. "Who...Who's there?" I asked quietly. I saw the outline of their body, as they knelt beside me. 

Damon's P.O.V.-

The river was one of the places I went rarely, but it was the first place I went to. As soon as I got there, I smelt it. The metallic smell of blood, but not regular blood. This blood was familiar, almost sweet. I began following the scent, for around 4 minutes before I saw her. She sat at the base of a dog-wood tree. She held her stomach, blood covered most of her shirt. "Loralie?" I asked kneeling beside her quickly, wide-eyed.

"Who...Who's there?" She mumbled. "Damon." I said quickly. "What happened!?" I asked a bit worried, "I..escaped the hybrids." She mumbled. I looked up at her face, before shaking my head slowly, and looking down. I couldn't look at her, not without thinking about what Klaus had done to her, what they had done together. "Why aren't you healing?" I mumbled looking her over. That's when I saw it, dark, tiny holes covered the inside of her arms. "Needle holes.." I mumbled. Klaus had been draining her for her blood, she was to weak. I ignored the anger rushing through me, and slipped my arms under her, "Okay, here we go." I mumbled before lifting her, and cradling her. 

I was at the house within a minute. I didn't wait, and I simply kicked the door open. Stefan and Elenna, who sat on the couch together, stood up quickly and stared at us. "Oh my god." Elena whined. "Okay, get her upstairs." Stefan said quickly. "Really, I thought I might leave her on the floor." I mumbled carrying her upstairs quickly. 

Elena called bonnie, and me and Stefan were shoved out of the bedroom as they worked on patching her up. 

"Damon, I-" Stefan began. "Don't say anything, Stefan. Right now, I'm focusing on one thing at a time, and hearing apologies or speeches about feelings, will only screw it up, so please don't." I said eyeing him.

I waited till around 2 to slip into her room. Elena spent the night and slept with Stefan in his room, so it was easy. She had healed up completely by now, and she looked much better than before. I wasn't surprised when I turned around and she was sitting up in bed. She was staring at me, "Are you gonna come sit down, or do I have to stand up?" She asked after a few moments of silence. 

I walked over and sat at the edge of her bed. "Are you okay?" I asked, staring at her blue eyes. "Yes, ..Thank you, Damon. For Saving me." She said softly.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Don't mention it." He replied. I sighed at his short response. "Damon..me and Klaus..never happened." I said. He looked up at me, silent. "We never did that..when I went up to his room, he came up there, and drained me of blood, that's all." I said shrugging. "Look, I know I said a lot of stuff the other day, but I can honestly say before I went with Klaus, none of that was true. I had feelings for you Damon." I said.

He eyed me, "had?" He asked. "But, he wasn't lieing, Damon. I'm not the same, somehow he..trained me not to have emotions. And..I don't. All the feelings I had for Stefan, him being my friend, are gone. My love for my sister and brother, are gone. My feelings for you.." I said before looking down at my lap.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"Are gone." I finished for her, nodding in understanding. "I feel nothing, no anger, confusion, sadness, nothing. I just..feel like an empty shell." She said staring at the window.  "The only thing I do feel, are my feelings for you, Damon." She said. I looked up at her quickly, "They are the only things I remember feeling, the only thing I still feel." She looked over at me. "I'm not confused anymore Damon, I know how I feel, nothing is blocking it anymore."

I stayed silent, staring at her. "It took me losing all other feelings, but I know now, Damon." She looked down and played with her hands, which I noticed she did when she was thinking. She looked back up at me, and smiled nervously before saying,

"I'm in love with you, Damon."