Chapter 4; That's what friends are for.

*I know previously Loralie had brown eyes, but I think I might change that to blue. So, the picture to the right of this story, is a picture of Loralie. I hope you like her.! The picture is from google...sooo...(:*

Loralie's P.O.V.- 

I sat up quickly, the darkness of my room surrounding me. I rubbed the small drops of sweat from my forehead, as I tried to forget the nightmare I had just had. My breathing was heavy, and my heart raced. I sighed in relief, glad I was awake, when something caught my eye. I saw him, he was sitting on the end of my bed, eyeing me. Maybe I wasn't awake, maybe I was still asleep, and this was part of my dream. I stayed silent, and completely still. "Aren't you gonna ask who I am?" 

I sighed, it was just Damon, and this wasn't a dream. "Well, now that I know you're Damon, I don't see the point."  I replied, pulling my knees up to my chest. "How did you get in here?" I asked curiously. "Via Window." He replied, turning his gaze to the open window across the room. "Oh,..so what can I do you for, Chief?" 

He sighed and leaned down, placing his forehead in his palm, and resting his elbow on his knee. "I just.." He lifted his head again, and eyed me. "I care about you, Lori, I do." He looked me up and down. I raised an eyebrow, wondering where he came up with the nickname 'Lori' before smiling softly. "Well, I care about you too, Damon. But..why would you randomly say that?"

Damon's P.O.V.-

'Just tell her.' My mind screamed at me, to just confess. "You're a smart girl Loralie, you have a bright personality, and you're very pretty." I turned my gaze to her, letting her blue eyes lock with mine. "Thank you, Damon.." She said softly. "You know, I like you, kid. Alot, I trust you. It's nice to have a.." , I looked up at her quickly before looking away. "A friend that I can have faith in." I said looking down at his hands.  She stayed silent, not moving. Slowly, I felt the bed begin to move, and suddenly, she was sitting next to me, her feet hanging off of the bed. "You know I'll always be here for you.." She said softly. Suddenly, a weight was on my shoulders, and I turned my gaze to her. She had laid her head on my shoulder. "Thanks, Kid." I said before looking back down at my hands. "That's what friends are for." She replied softly.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

Damon left a few minutes later, leaving me to fall asleep in the darkness. I woke up early, and quickly hopped out of bed and took a shower. I got dressed afterwards, did my hair, and headed downstairs. I grabbed a quick cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen table, slowly sipping the hot, caffinated drink. "So, what are your plans for today?" Elena asked, pouring her own cup of coffee. I stayed quiet for a bit thinking, I wasn't sure why Elena wanted to know about my plans. Me and her were close, very close, but Jeremy had always secretly been my favorite sibling. "Nothing, that I know of." I finally replied, taking another sip. 

Jeremy walked in thankfully, breaking the awkward conversation. Though, i'm sure only I thought it was awkward. "Morning Elena," He said smiling at her. "Goodmorning Punk," He said walking by and softly punching my arm. I smiled at him before softly growling, Jeremy laughed and walked towards the coffee pot. Me and Jeremy always joked about me being a shape shifter. He found it funny to bring up hints about it, around other people. I slowly slid my phone out of my pocket, as it sent a vibration down my leg. I looked at the new text I just got, from Stefan.

We need to talk. Come to the boarding house. As soon as you can.

I stood up from the table, "Hey, I'm gonna go out, I'll be back later." I smiled at the two of them before heading out of the door. 

Stefan's P.O.V.-

She arrived at the house a few minutes after I sent the text. I smiled as she walked into the living room. "What's wrong?" She asked, I motioned for her to come sit next to me on the couch. She slowly sat down and sighed, eyeing me, curiously. "Has,..Damon talked to you recently, other than the walk you two had?"

She eyed me hesitantly, "No, why?" She replied, but I knew better than to believe her. I could hear her heart racing. "I don't want you thinking I don't want you two being friends..but, Damon has a bad history of.."

"Of what, Little brother?" 

We both turned out gaze up to the hallway leading into the living room. Damon leaned against the doorway with a curious smirk. "Well, of a lot of things. I wouldn't know where to start." I said coldly, standing up. "Says the guy who went on a rampage, and killed hundreds of people and wrote their names on the walls." He said, walking past me. "Riiipperrr." He hissed brushing my shoulder and holding a hand out to Loralie, who took it. He helped her up off of the couch. "Now if you'll excuse us, we need to talk." He said, walking past me and out of the door. I looked down at Loralie, who slowly walked after him, sending me an apologetic look before closing the door behind her.

 Loralie's P.O.V.-

"Where are we going?" I asked, as the older Salvatore led me through the woods. "We're here." He said, stopping in a small clearing. I looked around slowly, "So, what do we need to talk about.?" I asked with a soft smile. He stared at the ground, avoiding my gaze. "Damon..what's wrong?" I asked slowly, taking a step towards him. He looked up at me, his blue gaze filled with regret. My eyes got wide quickly, but I didn't have time to say anything. The hot pain started from the back of my head and spread down my neck and through my body. Someone had hit me, with something. I fell to my knees first and then slowly I fell to the ground. My vision grew blurry, but I could barely make out Damon mouthing the words, "I'm sorry." Before someone else stepped in my way, and I blacked out.

Damon's P.O.V.-

I watched as her small body fell to the ground limp. "I'm sorry,.." I mouthed, hoping she saw it. I looked down quickly, I couldn't bare to see her like this. I had meant what I said the other night, I cared for her, but I had to. I looked up as her attacker stepped forward, A hybrid. He eyed me with a cold stare and threw the 2-by-4 he used to hit her to the ground before letting someone else step forward. 

Klaus.

He smiled at me, and then turned his gaze down to her. "I see you held up your end of the deal. You brought the shape shifter to me," He smiled. "What a shame..she's a pretty one, too." He added leaning down and moving a hair out of her face. "I held up my end of the deal, now where's the witch?" I asked, I had no intentions of starting a conversation with him. I did what had to be done, now I wanted my end of the deal. "You'll get her in due time, First I must fulfill my end of the deal." He said, sitting down and holding her head in his lap "How about I do it instead?" I offered slowly. "No." He replied quickly."Just..promise me you'll take care of her." I said, more of a threat than a request. "She'll be in good hands." He replied. I watched as he bit into his wrist, then turned his gaze to me. "Don't worry." He placed his wrist against her mouth, and let the blood drip into her mouth. Her unconcious body instinctively swallowed the blood. He cupped her head with both hands and looked up at me. "Now, unless you want to deal with a newborn, confused, and very angry hybrid, I suggest you leave." And with that, he quickly snapped her neck, and let it fall back into his lap.