Chapter 9; Duct Tape Fixes Everything.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I was awake before Stefan was, which I was glad about because I could get an hour or so of relaxation before I was forced to train. I took a shower and got dressed before heading downstairs and making coffee. It wasn't the same anymore, since I turned, but I still liked to imagine that the caffinated coffee satisfied me. I just sat down and took a sip, when Stefan walked in. We both stared at each other, before he slowly went and poured himself a cup. "So, Loralie, I-"

"Don't..just, don't." I said quickly, "It was an accident, it's totally fine." I said setting my cup down. He nodded nervously, "Good, good." 

It didn't take long for him to shove me out of the door and into the woods. "Okay, let's begin." He said, and instantly I was pinned against a tree. Stefan's fangs were bared and he hissed. As though it was an instinct, my  own fangs slid out and I hissed back. "What the hell is wrong with you Salvatore's and trees!" I hissed.

He smiled, though his fangs didn't disappear. He let me go and took a few steps back. "You have to be prepared for anything, Klaus and his hybrids will attack at the most unexpected time." I nodded slowly and stepped away from the tree. I kept my fangs out, I had a feelings this wasn't the last time i'd need them in the next few hours. 

Damon's P.O.V.-

"So, he lives in..there?" I asked. We were all standing in front of a large mansion, it looked old, almost like me and Stefan's old house. I shook the thought away and sighed. "Well, let's get this over with." I said stepping forward. "Wait!" Bonnie said, grabbing my arm and stopping me. "You can't just go in there!" She scolded. "It's not like I'm going to hurt him" I protested. She stared at me in disbelief, as though she couldn't believe I was saying that. "Much.." I added with a slight shrug. She frowned instantly. "He's not just a regular guy, Damon." She paused.

I eyed her curiously, "He's the mayor!" She finished. "Nice dramatic pause." I said with a smirk. "How about you do your thing, And I'll do mine." I yanked my arm free from her grasp and instantly disappeared into the house.

Bonnie's P.O.V.-

"How about you do your thing, And I'll do mine." He yanked his arm free from my grasp and instantly disappeared into the house. I sighed, Typical stubborn Damon. "We have to stop him." I mumbled. As soon as we made it to the front door, we heard it. It sounded as though someone was struggling and knocking things over. I began knocking on the door loudly, "Damon! Stop!" Elena yelled. I shook my head, that wouldn't do any good.

Suddenly, the door slowly opened. We took a few steps back, waiting. Finally, a tall, skinny, man was shoved out of the house, he stumbled and fell into our little group. Jeremy caught him, thankfully. Following him, Damon stepped out with a smirk. "Let's go." He said, and walked by us. 

We all got back into the van, putting the man in the middle of me and Elena. "Hey, Damon?" Elena said. "What?" He snapped. "Why does he have duct tape on his mouth?" 

We all turned to eye the silver tape across the man's mouth. "He wouldn't shut up." Damon shrugged. 

I ripped the tape off, and the man gasped as though he couldn't breathe. "What the bloody hell!" He yelled. Damon frowned, obviously annoyed at his proper accent. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about your great grandmother,..would you?" He eyed me as though I was crazy, "Yes! She's my great grandmother! She was a work at home mom and died of an unknown cause about 60 years ago." 

I turned my gaze to Damon, who nodded to keep going. "You..don't happen to know where she's buried,..do you?" He widened his eyes, which seemed impossible. "What!? In the graveyard of course! Why do you want to know where my great grandmother is buried!? Are you all lunatics!?" 

"Alright, that's enough." Damon turned around and reached back, grabbing the mans face and slamming his head back against the hard leather seat. That normally never would have worked, but Damon was strong and the guys head fell limp. "What the hell Damon!?" I yelled. "Ah, calm down, hocus pocus. He'll be awake by the time we get to the graveyard." He said, turning in his seat.

Loralie's P.O.V.-

I instantly backed up, listening. Stefan had disappeared, and was going to attack at any second. I looked around, nervously. I closed my eyes and listened, that's when My senses worked the best. I heard him, approaching behind me.

I turned quickly, just in time to grab his shirt and throw him to the ground. I pinned him quickly and hissed with a smile. "Not so bad, huh?" I asked, standing up and holding my hand out, which he grabbed. I pulled him up, and smiled. "Hey, I have a surprise." He said with a smile. "A..surprise?" I asked. He nodded, and pulled out a brochure for the local school in Mystic Falls. "You're starting school back tomorrow." I frowned.

"That's a horrible surprise." I said blankly. "I hate school.." I moaned. "Well, you're still 18, and need to graduate, so you need to go to school." I sighed and eyed him. "Fine, but you're going with me!" I argued. "I have to anyways, I'm only 18 too." I glared at him, "No you aren't you're like a hundred." 

"Well, to everyone else, I'm only 18." He smiled, which I rolled my eyes at. I moved quickly, and pinned him against a tree. He didn't expect it, and went without a fight. I smiled, baring my fangs. "And that was your surprise." I said stepping away from him, "That was a horrible surprise." He said frowning. I stared at him, and slowly he smiled. "Copier." I mumbled.

He stepped away from the tree and smirked. "Let's practice." He said, before instantly disappearing again.

Damon's P.O.V.-

"See, I told you he'd wake up." I said, watching as the sad excuse for a human slowly opened his eyes and sat up. "I had a terrible dream, that these freaks kidnapped me and.." He looked up at each of us before frowning. "Great." He mumbled, Standing up. 

All it took was a few threats, me baring my teeth, and the guy instantly began leading us to his grandmother's grave. "This is it." He said after walking for 10 minutes. "Where's the tombstone?" Elena asked.

"Well,..she wasn't exactly the favorite of the family, and having no money, she couldn't afford one, so she has a unmarked grave." He said. "You better not be lieing." Jeremy warned. "Why would I? You trust me right? You have to." I glared at him, "Don't mistake us not burning you alive in your sleep for trust." I smirked. 

Me and Jeremy began digging, and before long, we hit something. We lifted the large casket out of the hole, and climbed out while Elena and Bonnie opened it. They both took a step back, and eyed the decomposed skeleton nervously. "Oh, don't be wimps." I said, reaching in and grabbing the only odd thing in there. A book.

"Remind me to avoid you from now on." Elena said eyeing me. "Dearly noted." I said with a smirk. "Let me see that," Bonnie said grabbing the book from me. I frowned at her, before she rolled her eyes at me. "Go, get rid of the mayor." She whispered harshly to me. I nodded and instantly disappeared, taking Skinny man with me.

I came back a few minutes later, empty handed. "I left him at his house, after making him forget." I said. Bonnie nodded and opened the book. "Well?" I asked getting bored. "It says.."She began frowning. "It says the only cure for vampirism, is a combination of a series of things. The blood of an original, a virgin's heart, a rose (Works best if red),  and the blood of a .." 

"The blood of a what!?" I urged on. "I don't know, I can't read the last part, it's..faded out." I snatched the book from her, and read it. The last word was practically invisible. I growled and threw the book back at Bonnie, who hastily caught it. There was no way to find out the cure now.