Slow and Steady*

Warning- Nothing really, a mix of fluff and smut.

Log the date and time and what you are expecting-

Also, this is a scene from a story I am currently writing, It's called "In love with a MONSTER" Check it out!!!!

Once you opened your eyes you were met with an empty room, no noise or visuals of Bucky. Silently you walked around the house and up the stairs to see the door of the master bedroom slightly ajar. Careful not to make any noise you trod towards the room, completely opening the door to the sight in front of you.

Bucky stood there facing the bed, away from you, his shirt was discarded revealing wounds, scars, and scratch marks on his back. Red and pink lines filled his bareback like tallies and tattoos of every nightmare, of every time he disobeyed Hydra, of every time he hurt himself because he hurt you.

Your heart crumpled at the sight, seeing how much pain he must have gone through, and the fact that he was able to recover.

Just for you.

You stepped closer observing, memorizing each mark, burn, and lesion. Wanting tent to it, make sure it goes away, hoping it would take the memories with it. Without knowing your dainty fingers reach out and trance one right at the center of his back. It looked fresh no more than a few days, the bumpy line sat in the valley between his muscles.

Bucky's breath hicked at your sudden cold touch, feeling a tightness in his chest as you traced his imperfection.

Gingerly you place your whole hand on his back making it record the various swellings. The goosebumps coming to life at your touch. Added another hand you let them scan his back and slither their way around his torso. You kept your grip around him holding him close and tight, resting your head against his flexed back, letting his woody scent infuse you. You felt his breath quicken at the contact, his metal hand reached for yours, ripping it off his waist and tugging you in front of him. You stood just a few inches below him, looking up at his glossy azure eyes with deep red circles around them.

You hugged him again, wanting to be close to him, wanting to take care of the only way that would help him, your touch.

He had longed for it just as much as you, if not more. Despriralty needing it to calm him down, to make him feel sane again.

You rested your tear-soaked face in the crook of his neck, his metal hand stroking your hair, brushing all your worry and stress away. Both of you stayed in the still comfort of each other, trying to take in the amount of contact actually shared after a long time. His breath got caught in his throat as he felt the sadness build in his gut, realizing how much he had missed your touch.

"You know this is probably the longest you have ever held me in a while" He whispered into your ear, making you pull away from his warm body, instantly feeling the cold breeze slap you. Your smile drops hearing him say that. He didn't sound happy, no he sounded hurt, broken, dejected.

"Buck I-I am so sorry" You stuttered, realizing you didn't feel scared or agitated from his touch, in fact, you longed for it.

"No, no, there is nothing for you to be sorry about. I'm just happy you're fine with it now" he smiled, masking his grief. The truth was, Bucky was happy about it, but he still couldn't forgive himself for acting like that, for hurting you.

"No, there is. Ever since you came back, we became so distant, not talking or sitting next to each other. If I am being completely honest, it is driving me nuts, not being able to hold you, to make you feel safe." You breathe out, feeling the weight being lifted off your shoulder. "But I want to, now. I want to feel your skin flush against mine, to kissing you from dusk to dawn. I missed you, really." You cried, not able to hold the tears back.