The Engagement

Arjun was standing freeze listening her voice.Those old memories flashed infront of his eyes.Thats when someone patted his shoulder.
'Anna...enna da panra ulla pogaama..', Pavi said and she entered the room and Arjun too joined her.

'Enna paati?Pethi ya paada vechu ketutu iruka pola..?', Pavi asked with a chuckle.But Arjun's eyes were fixed on Thara.Thara looked at him and noted his teary eyes.

'Aama...dei Arjun en pethi evlo azhaga paadra da..Nee romba lucky dhan', Meenakshi said and Arjun smiled in response.

Words were stucked inside his throat,he had heard her honey voice after so many days.
'Seri ellam vaangiyaacha?', Meenakshi asked and Pavi showed everything to Meenakshi.

'Arjun..Thara va veetuku kootitu po pa,she needs some rest,kaalaila irundhu ingeye iruka..rest eduthutu vaanga..', Meenakshi said and they nodded.
'Thara kutty,adhu inime un veedu..You don't want to be hesitated seriya?', Meenakshi asked and Thara smiled.

Then Arjun and Thara, left from there with the shopping luggages after bidding bye to them.
Arjun sat on the driver seat,Thara sat beside him and the luggages were in the backseat.
The drive filled with silence.

To break the awkward silence,he played songs in his car and it started singing..

Koodadhey..koodadhey..
Innaal mudiyakoodadhey..
Pogaadhey pogaadhey..Enai nee thaandi pogaadhey..

Both Arjun and Thara looked at eachother.How can they forgot that movie which the songs belongs too.

He quickly changed the song and it was again..

Run odi naan win aavena?
Unnodu naan onnaavena?
Nee illana ennaaven naan?
Gunde illa Gun aaven naan.!

Nostalgic memories of them hitted their minds.But this is not the time for them to cherish.He again changed the song but..

Oruvaati okay sollipaaren..
Usura dhaa unakke eludhi thaaren..
Madangaadha neeyum..Adangaadha naanum..
Manasodu manasu sync aana podhum..

Arjun gulped and switched off the media player and continued his driving.But in somewhere of his heart said that was the words he wants to say her.He mentally sighed his situation and concentrated in his drive.Again silence surrounded them.But for the surprise or shock may be..Thara broke the silence!

'How's life?', Thara asked and Arjun looked at her furrowing his eyebrows.
'Huh?'
'How's life nu kete I mean personal ah..',she asked which made him shock to the core.

'Pogudhu..back to back shoots,time kedaikumbodhu..inga vandhutu oru kutty rest.. idhaan routine ah apdiye pogudhu..',he replied.His mouth just was about to open up as medical check ups,but he quickly stopped it and concentrated in driving.
'Ohh..',she simply answered.

'Yen thideernu?', Arjun asked.
'Illa afterall I'm gonna marry you.. Yaaravadhu keta edhavadhu sollanumla..',Thara replied which made Arjun's heart hurt but he also felt somewhat happy inside his heart that she was atleast talking to him.

'How's yours?',he asked.
'Same as,office poitu irundhe..then andha vela pona apro I was working for you as a designer..Rendu moonu order varudhu paapom',she replied.
'Hmm..naan onnu kepe.. don't mistake me',he asked her with hesitation.

'Hmm',she hummed in response.
'Didn't you try to open your dream restaurant again?',he asked and left her in shock.
She thought that he would ask something about their past or again to force..but what he asked was just hitted her heart.