Chapter 35

✰ Arabella ✰

Arabella

"𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲"

We won.

It was partially a pretty good game, Aydan had scored a couple of tries and the team overall did well for their first game back.

One of the guys, Drew Williams, had invited us to his after-party.

It was expected to be kind of big considering nearly everyone in the vicinity was going. We showered Aydan with hugs and pats on the back after the game.

Roman and I hadn't spoken much during the game, and neither had any of the others; we were all completely engaged in the game.

He had asked me to ride with him when the party was mentioned, and I agreed.

So now we were all getting ready to leave; Nicolo and Kara had left already, and Aydan was showering then he would be on his way.

Roman and I were on our own now, walking straight out the door and into the parking lot. He had brought a different car this time, one that stuck out among the others.

The grey colour was sleek and elegant, and the car itself was a goddess in every aspect.

He opened the passenger side door and I slid in. Climbing into the seat, wrapping the seatbelt around me and securing it with a click.

The leather chairs felt cool against the back of my thighs, causing me to shiver involuntarily. Roman had ascended beside me, his rich cologne filling my senses with ecstasy.

He swerved his way out of the parking lot, avoiding the cars and the shadows.

I took a few moments to glance around the area, the approaching event next week on my mind, as well as the question I had yet to ask him.

"Roman?" I said aloud, peeking over to his side profile.

"Hm?"

Before speaking, I licked my lips and rubbed my clammy palms over my thighs.

"Uh, I was wondering if you'd like to go to the carnival with me next Friday?"

"It's for our birthday, Theo's coming with Kara," I ramble on, jittering from my unexpected nervous state.

It was quiet, and when I returned my gaze to him, he had that little smile on his lips. Amused by my blabbering, I assume.

I huff and lean against the window, my gaze fixed on him.

"Roman..." I trail off with a whine.