Chapter 19

✰ Arabella  ✰

Arabella

"𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞"

My eyes fluttered open as my body shook. I opened my eyes and was immediately met with a black-clothed chest. Looking up, I saw Roman and then looked back down seeing that he had me in his arms.

I lifted my head and looked around, noticing it was my own house. He must've made it up the stairs since he lowered his head down to me and nodded towards the corridor.

"Room?"

I turn my head a little and lift a weak finger towards my door, "The second one,"

He looked away and walked over towards the room, turning the handle and kicking the door lightly with his foot to open it wider.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself being placed on the bed, "Don't lay down," he said nonchalantly.

I sigh and sit up, keeping my tired body up on the edge of the bed as I close my eyes again.

I jolted up when I felt a hand on my knee, opening my eyes back up again, Roman knelt in front of me with a white wet cloth in his hands.

He peered up at me, his hand reached towards my forehead as he dabbed the cool cloth against my skin.

I watched him do so, his eyes moving over every movement he made as his motions were gentle against my skin. The cool cloth running over my sweltering flesh.

"How are you feeling," He asked quietly.

I stared at him and shrugged, numbly. My hand lazily came over towards his head, brushing through his raven curls.

He hadn't made a move to remove my hand he continuously dabbed the cloth against my forehead and my blotchy cheeks.

I played with his hair, running my fingers through the parts that laid across his forehead and brushing them back, only for them to fall in its place again.

"I like your hair," I slurred in a whisper.

His lips quirk to the side as he removed the cloth and placed it beside me. He lifted himself and stood in front of me while I had to tilt my chin to look at him.

"Clothes?"

I look over towards my closet and pointed towards it.

"Can I lay down now?" I asked his walking figure.

"No," He replied coldly.