Chapter 31

Mature Content in this chapter - 18+

Arabella

"𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬"

We went back and forth between my notes from then on - I worded it and he typed it, correcting any errors or wording.

Roman did far more for me than I expected. My pleading eyes appeared to have worked.

When I couldn't think of anything, he'd just write for me and then explain it with a few words of his own.

By the end, the essay was finished and I read through it all, seemingly satisfied with the results.

Saving the document to my desktop, I closed the computer and placed it back into my bag. I returned my attention to Roman, smiling brightly and gratefully.

"I knew you were smart," I exclaimed, referring back to the car conversation.

He exhaled softly through his nose and shook his head as he glanced down.

"Yeah?" His tone was light and amused.

I hummed and laid down on the grass, the stars above me capturing my whole attention at this minute.

"Come here," I looked over at Roman where he patted one of his large thighs relegating to his demand.

I rolled over and rested my head securely in his lap.

His hand came around my neck, his fingertips tracing all over my open skin - extremely close to my breasts.

My mouth took a nervous gulp while I travelled my gaze back up to its original position. With his touch on my skin and the perfect view above me, I was genuinely feeling happy.

And as if on cue with my thoughts Roman asked just what I was affirming.

"Are you happy, Arabella?"

My bottom lip dropped between my teeth, often when I'm asked this I think instantly that I am.

Because, I am a happy person most of the time, and I have every right to be. But the happiness I was thinking about isn't the direct happiness I was experiencing right now.

Maybe it was the moment, or maybe it was a new kind of happiness I hadn't experienced before. But at this very moment, I was happy.

"I am," I replied in a whisper.

Asserting my gaze away from the darkness, I placed them securely on the light.

Brown and green swimming pools, forming his amber swirls combined in undeniably compelling emotions.

The sheer sparkle that reflected off of the sky above us, and straight into his irises - was something I'd never forget.

"Are you, Roman?"