Chapter 1

✰ Arabella  ✰

Arabella 

"𝐋𝐮𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰"

The sound of my heels clattering over the polished tiles of the club's surfaces could be heard due to the quieter portion of the club. The VIP section was strictly reserved for significant people alone, albeit in this particular club, it was primarily for the important men.

I carried myself with grace and confidence, my legs came to a halt when I paused in front of the open bar. I sat down gently on the red leather stool, making sure my short, tight, dress roused up my thighs even more.

My gaze lingered behind the bar, lingering on the alcohol on display in front of me until my sight came face to face with the bartender.

A mischievous grin crossed the young man's slender lips as he approached me. He murmured, "What can I get you, gorgeous?"

As I gazed up at the man, my lips morphed into my signature, seductive smile. I respond, "Whiskey on the rocks, please."

"Coming right up" He responds, leaning away from the counter and winking at me before turning around to make the drink.

"It's on me," From beside me, a deep voice speaks, I smirked inwardly, knowing that my mission tonight would be simple.

I turned my head to the side and glanced at the person beside me.

A young man with dark features and a lean, muscular body in his early twenties sat beside me. He wasn't bad-looking, which was a shame because he'd be of little use in this world.

I bite my bottom lip and smile at the man as his dark eyes meet mine. "You don't have to do that," I deny in a soft whisper.

As he explores my body without shame, the man's tongue glides over his lips, his eyes return to mine, and he leans in closer to me. "I think a gorgeous woman like yourself should be treated." he purrs.

I shift my position towards him, exposing my tanned legs to his bemused gaze. "That's very kind of you, sir," I say sweetly. His hungry eyes dart down my legs before returning his greedy gaze to mine.

He leans in closer, close enough for me to smell the alcohol and tobacco on his skin. "How about we go back to my place?" He whispers huskily.

I giggle and intentionally place my hand on his chest, "It seems patience isn't really your thing, hm?" I ask, allowing my voice to slur just enough to intrigue him further.

"I've never been a patient man," He clarifies as he bites his lower lip and looks down at my lips.

The bartender calls out "Whiskey on the rocks" as he places the drink in front of me. I give him a sweet smile before moving away from the man in front of me and reaching for the glass with my manicured hand.