𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 : 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚜

Just after the "meeting" as to what Luke referred to, Tommy's parents then came home. Tommy came down the stairs, slowly. The nervousness creeped into him. Tommy's parents bought a take-out dinner from McDonald's since Motherinnit couldn't cook because of them, hungry and didn't have the patience to wait another hour. Just as Fatherinnit called Tommy's name, he is already there in front of them, sweating.

Tommy proceeded to walk towards the diner table and sat down. Beginning to eat, Motherinnit knows his son the most so he can tell whether Tommy is upset or not. Seeing Tommy's sweats dripping down from his forehead and the quietness, she could tell something was wrong. "Toms, are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

"Actually, kinda?" Tommy smiled awkwardly

"What about it Tommy?" Fatherinnit didn't look up but curiosity peaked his interests

"About the umm company," Tommy sheepishly said, "I am thinking of paying the taxes to save it?"

"What" Both parents stopped eating and looked at Tommy like he's insane

"Mum, Dad" Tommy whined a little, "I've been thinking about it and I really wanna help you so that's the least I could do!"

"Tommy, we know you make tons of money with your YouTube career without a doubt but that's yours and for you only. We wouldn't allow you to spend money with this issue, you're only seventeen and you're still a minor" Fatherinnit's voice hardened, carefully not lashing out to his son

"But Dad," Tommy whined, "It's only one year away! Then I can be eighteen! The money I make is not only for mine but for yours as well"

"Tommy, honey" Motherinnit looked at Tommy sadly, "We don't want you to be in this problem as it is hard to solve it already. As for you helping it, we wouldn't allow it"

"Why? I'll be the one who's handling the business anyways when I'm on legal age" Tommy huffed, slouching on his chair

"And how can you testify to that fact?" Fatherinnit tests Tommy, raising his eyebrows

"It's obvious father, you clearly explained it to me on our first discussion that it has been passed from generation to generation. Meaning, your parents passed it to you when you got older since you're the eldest child among your siblings and now, mum is involved because you both are married. Once I'm of legal and right age, you're passing it to me because I'm the only child of this family" Tommy stated, deafening, "One reason why I also want to pay the needed documents and taxes or whatsoever, is because you're grandparents or parents or anyone that's been take a hold of that company have memories that can't be erased and exchanged"

Both parents were speechless by what their son said, no one dared to move or speak. Sighing heavily, Tommy proceedingly ate his dinner quickly to go to his room. Once he's finished, he went to the kitchen with his empty plate to wash it with the utensils used. Then, he went towards the stairs but stopped when he looked at the troubled faces of his parent's. "Please think about it? I really want to help and I promise to study harder for my studies without this interfering with my YouTube career." He then walked upstairs to his room leaving the thoughtful parents behind.

Back to his room, finally, he doubted to call his friends about the answer but that can be waited until tomorrow so he just went to the bathroom to wash his face and put on his sleepwear. Afterwards, he scrolled through TikTok with his phone. Exhausted, he sent up his alarm, putting his phone on the bedside table then fell asleep. Finishing the day.

—————

"What do you think hon? About what Tommy said?"

"I don't know, he's too young to handle the corporated and too oblivious about designing and architecture. He's still in college and I'm sure he'll get overwhelmed and stressed. Though, he's too stubborn and making sure to get us to agree. His money should be his only but he's also too desperate to help us. I don't really know what to do"