[Chapter 28]

{Y/N's POV}

My eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the bright sunlight that shone into the room.

Where am I? I wondered, looking around.

I didn't recognize where I was until I realized I was in the Hospital Wing. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were talking to each other on the bed beside me, deeply engaged in a conversation that they didn't even notice that I woke up. It took me a few moments to realize Ginny was curled up at the foot of my bed. Her ankle had bandages wrapped around it. I moved my feet to give her more room and she looked up from The Quibbler.

"Y/N!" she said and got down, hopped on one foot towards me, and gave me a warm hug. "Finally, you're up!"--she sat back down--"Madam Pomfrey said your pulse was pretty weak when we got back. Mad-Eye apperated you here with Bill. Fred and George were so worried. Madam Pomfrey's banned them from coming in until you woke up since they were being too loud and asking questions; so Fred wrote you a bunch of letters instead. They kept on asking what happened so I told them everything. Even about you smashing the prophecy--but don't worry! Lupin and Mad-Eye said it was a good idea to do that since Dumbledore's already heard of it and talked to Harry about it. They also said it was brave of you and you got some lucky streak, being able to dodge all of those curses.

'Magnus also said that your parents were out of the country, visiting your grandmother's house. Your brother almost cried and he brought you your favorite candies."--she pointed to a basket on my nightstand that I hadn't noticed. There was a big white bow that said "get well soon" with animated dancing ducks and unicorns. It made me feel like I was a four-year-old on Easter or Halloween again. (my head was really giving me tunnel vision)--"Anyway, mum was pretty worried about you. Dad too. Neville got knocked out for two days when we got back.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Almost a week," Hermione said. "You were knocked out pretty hard. What happened?"

I tried to remember. I only saw pieces of what happened before I blacked out.

"I- I think the masked Death Eater knocked me out... I forgot his name."

"Oh!" Ron said. "I heard Bellatrix call him Matt. Funny how it is... they only call each other by surnames, I thought."

"Yeah," I agreed. "It's weird. Maybe he has a horrible last name like greydonkey or pinksparkles."

We all laughed and I felt a sharp jab on my ribs when I laughed too hard.

"What else happened?" I asked Harry. "Specifically, I'm talking about the prophecy."

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but someone burst into the room.

"Y/N!!!!" Fred and George cried and sprinted to me. They jumped me with a hug and I almost fell off the bed.

"You're awake!" Fred cheered.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up!" George said.

I was speechless. Well, probably because they were hugging me so tight, I couldn't even breathe. Lucky for me, Ginny pushed them off me and scolded them.

"You're going to knock her out again!" she yelled.

A voice from the hallway echoed and I heard Madam Pomfrey come in yelling, "-times do I need to kick you out?! You are disturbing the patients' rest!!"

"But you said if we stop coming here and causing such a racket," Fred said.

"You'll let us stay with Y/N as long as we want when she wakes up," George said.