[Chapter 10]

{A/N's POV}

Y/N, Ginny, and Hermione entered the common room the next morning, thirty minutes before breakfast. They couldn't help but notice a large poster on the Gryffindor notice board.

"Be careful with that prank-oh, for heaven's sake," said Hermione and came to a stop.

Y/N and Ginny read the big poster.

GALLONS ON GALLEONS!

Pocket money failing to keep pace with your outgoings?

Like to earn a little extra gold?

---

Contact FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY,

Gryffindor common room,

For simple, part time, virtually painless jobs,

(we regret that all work is undertake at applicant's own risk)

A large grin spread on Y/N's face, but she was also curious.

"We'll have to talk to them, Ron!" Hermione said grimly, taking it down.

Ron and Harry had just entered the common room. Ron looked positively alarmed.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because we're prefects!" said Hermione, as she climbed out the portrait hole with Harry and Ron. "It's up to us to stop this kind of thing!"

Her voice echoed away as Ginny giggled and said, "You should have a clue about what's going on, right?"

"I actually don't," she replied. "Lee won't tell me anything. Fred says he wants to make it a surprise. But I'm not surprised; These troublemakers are always up to no-"

She paused when the Twins and Lee Jordan entered the common room, whispering to one another.

"See you later," Ginny said. "Luna offered to help me with some Astrology homework at breakfast."

She waved to Y/N and exited the portrait hole with Angela.

"Whatcha up to?" Y/N said, squeezing herself between the Twins and putting her arms around them.

"Oh, you know us," said George

"Never something good," Fred said, grinning.

"Of course not," Y/N said. "Now don't forget: we have Quidditch practice later."

"How could we ever forget?" Fred said with a wink.

+++

{Y/N's POV}

Quidditch practice was now starting. I couldn't wait to see the reaction on Fred's face when he fell for my prank. I walked out of the girls' locker room and ran to the field with my broomstick. Angela, the new team captain, whistled for the twins to hurry up. I joined the rest of the team in the field acting unsuspicious.

"Katie, help Y/N carry the ball chest," Angela ordered.

"Yes, sir- um, I mean, ma'am," Katie said, yawning.

She ran over to help me and almost tripped.

"Oh, come on!" Angela shouted. "We need to stay awake for practice. I told you to not stay up doing Snape's assessment!"

Katie shook her head and mumbled to herself, "Gotta stay awake, Katie!"

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Angela's just been stressing about Umbridge and O.W.L.s. Pressure."