[Chapter 25]

{Y/N's POV}

It turns out, I was right. It was Marietta Edgecombe. The boils on her face were so bad, she had to stay in the Hospital Wing for weeks. Dumbledore disappeared since the Ministry thought he was responsible for starting an unregistered "cult," as they called it.

So now, the fool, Cornelius Fudge, has left Umbridge as Headmistress. Though, the Gargoyle in front of Dumbledore's office refuses to let her in.

"Even the school knows she isn't the true Headmaster of Hogwarts," Lee told me one morning.

I had even written a letter to Percy, asking how he was because who knows? Maybe he was getting lonely in his apartment, locked up, working 24/7.

Hello, Percy.

Congratulations on your promotion! I hope you're doing well. Just wanted to say hi since we haven't talked or seen each other much. And for your information, I'm a lot taller than last time now, so you don't get to call me a "baby" anymore. Things are getting crazy here at Hogwarts. I don't think even you could stand all of the rules. Not much has changed a bit at the Burrow. Did you know Fred and George are opening a Joke Shop? I know you aren't a big fan of jokes, but I'd be blessed to hear one from you. I could use one right now. If you're not busy, you should read this book--which I've attached to this letter--written by Newt Scamander. His books are absolutely brilliant!

Sincerely, Y/N Y/L/N.

P.S. Ginny says "hi." I'm sure she misses you, even if you don't know it. I'm hoping to hear from you, Perc. ;)

The rules were as strict as ever. Fred and I only saw each other in the common room now and Hermione was the only one who was filling me in on Harry's nightmares.

"Harry wants us to find a way into the Department of Mysteries," Hermione said as we were in line for career advice. Of course, I had told Professor McGonagall I was interested in the Auror area. She knew exactly what I meant by that.

"So, he wants us to break into the ministry? That's crazy!" I whispered-yelled.

"It's just a thought," Hermione said. "But then again, it's not like you've never done anything crazy."

N.E.W.T.s. were still an exception this year, even after all the rumors of Voldemort. Umbridge had banned all news companies from entering the school except for The Daily Prophet. Bellatrix Lestrange's face was still plastered on every page, along with other Death Eaters.

The other day, Magnus sent me a letter, asking me about my whereabouts.

Y/N,

I saw on The Quibbler that Dumbledore's on the run from the Ministry so the Fuge appointed a woman named Umbridge as Headmistress. It's everywhere. Mum and Dad wanted me to let you know that they're considering moving out of the country because of all the chaos going on. So yes, that means you'll probably be going to Beauxbatons or another academy of magic. Though, they're not selling the house since I'm staying in Europe to continue my work in Romania and here. They said you should reconsider buying a Phoenix and let go of loose ties before you three move.

Love, Magnus.

P.S. We'll probably discuss it over the summer and they're already looking for houses in the states! If they can't find one, you'll probably move to grandma's in Alaska or something.

Of course, I was furious at my parents for telling me to let go of loose ties before we move. There was no way in Merlin I was going to leave the country. But before I over-thought about it, I had bigger things to stress about.