T W E N T Y S I X

Just when I was walking to my locker, "Charlie!" I turned around and saw Yelena. I know I can tell them apart."Hey." I said. It was so early in the morning that I was exhausted. "Are you going to the party coming up in two days?" She asked. 

I was confused. Is it the same party that Victor asked me to meet him at? If It was the same party then I can't say yes. "What do you mean?" I asked innocently. 

"Didn't ANYone tell you? I guess I'll be the first to invite you. Wanna come?" She asked smiling. "I might be busy with school work." I lied. I didn't want to lie to her but that was the only way I might not see Victor.

"Come on, please! Everyone is going, even the squad." Yelena begged.  If the whole squad is there I might even see Theo. And if Theo saw me with Victor then he'll hate me for the rest of my life.

"I-" Before I could say something back the bell rang. "OK, It's final. You can text me your location and I'll pick you up that day. Bye!" She said leaving me with my jaw opened wide. 

"But I can't-" She already was out of my sight. Great. Now this problem comes up. Why is my life of full drama!?

***

Shockingly, It's been a week till I haven't talked to Theo. Maybe he does have a girlfriend and he's so busy to even try to talk to me? Uh no. Why would he wanna talk to me?

Or why am I not talking to him? Gee, I hope I'm not starting to have ACTUAL feelings for him..

Today was the day I go to the party with Yelena. I honestly don't even know how I agreed to this but I just had to stay away from Victor. He doesn't even know how I look like too. 

I changed into black jeans with a jean jacket and a white shirt inside. My phone rang just after I turned on the TV. I didn't expect her to come this early. 

She only texted me to be ready by 5:45 but it was 5:29. I answered the phone,"Come on, I can't wait any longer!" She said screaming on the phone, luckily it wasn't on speaker. "That explains why you came early." 

I cut the phone and ran outside locking the door behind. As I sat on the car seat,"I thought you'd prepare way worse than this but better than I expected. Did she think I was some time of lady that just wore what she saw?

"Sure?" I said accepting the comment. We drove through the whole drive with good music fortunately. "Is it me or is it that you stopped communicating with Theo?" She said after she parked her car.

This was the least I expected her to say. "Uh yea, I'm just busy lately." I said. She raised her eyebrow suspiciously like she expected more. "This party is a grand party. You know why?" She asked sighing. 

Why did she sigh? Something bad gonna happen or what? "No, tell me." I say, waiting on the edge of my seat. "I thought you'd know something but I guess you don't know ANYthing," Such a nice compliment you give.

"It's Victor's birthday party, now I know you might not know him to-" "WHAT!" Before she could finish her sentence my brain had to let it out. "Wait, you know him? At Least you do- but why are you so.. shocked?" 

She blinked for couple of seconds. "No, no, no, no." Out of all of the things that could be it, it had to be Victor. "Now I don't exactly know why he invited the squad because we hate him as much as he does." Yelena said, biting her nails. 

I didn't know what else I could do at the moment. What if he invited me to meet him here so he could introduce me? He did say he took interest in me."We should just get moving." I said. 

For a minute Yelena was shocked to hear me say that. She sighed, "Yea I guess so." After we had got in, it was way crowded than Jake's party. "Charlie!" Yelena yelled as the music was super loud. "Let's meet up with the squad!" 

I didn't want to see Theo. Especially if he found out about me and Victor knowing each other. "I'll get some drinks!" I yelled back. "Ok, see ya!" She said looking around as she disappeared through the crowd. 

I sighed in relief and went near the bar to sit. Just then I hear, "oh you're here?" It was a  familiar voice. I turned around to see Kylie. Out of everything, it has to be her.

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I posted more than before! So that's what you get for a shorter chapter. I hope you liked this chapter! There's more coming! :)

                                                      Byeeeee! 👋