Letters for My Love

Hi. Here's another chapter. Hope you like it. And thank you very much katnissandpeeta45678 for the positive comment I really appreciate it. :)

Disclaimer: I don't any of the characters they all belong to John Greenie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wake to the feel of my butt vibrating. When I open my crusty eyes I suddenly forget where I am for a second. The room is dark and I'm sleeping on an air bed. All four walls are painted a smooth cream color with floral trimmings at the top. An actual bigger bed was placed to my right, in the middle of one of the walls. The sheets were light pink with intricate white patterns sewed on. I see the blankets rise and fall.

Now I remember where I am. Kaitlyn was still asleep. Figures, it was 4:00 in the morning. She still has school today and I have the whole day to myself. I smile at the thought. But I have to plan my next move. What should I do for the whole day?

I broke from my thoughts when my butt vibrated once more. When I pull my cellphone out of my back pocket I see the contact name Mom glow on the screen. I hastily answer.

"Mom?" I whisper so I don't wake Kaitlyn, but my mom has other plans.

"HAZEL GRACE LANCASTER, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" Ouch. I pull the phone a bit off my ear so I don't go deaf.

"Mom, I'm fine, okay? I'm at a friend's house and I'm safe. I'm sorry for running off but I need some time for me."

"Baby," Mom calms down a bit. "I understand, I really do, but you need to come home now. Dad and me already called the police. We're all looking for you. Just come home so it isn't so complicated."

"Mom, I can't for now. I told you already, I need to sort out my head for a few days. I have everything. I love you and Dad."

"I love you too, sweetheart, but you need to-" I end the phone call there. I sigh and try to fall asleep, but it would not come. After half an hour of trying to sleep didn't work I walked to Kaitlyn's window.

She had one of those windows where you could sit on the sill. Those ones where it's sort of like a chair built with the window. She had a white cushion and pink pillows to stick with the theme.

I sit down comfortably and move the curtain away just a crack. It is that time of morning when the sun just peaks over the horizon, shining a soft light on the city. A sliver of that light puts a strip of light on the floor. I blink a few times before my eyes adjust to the sunshine.

I look at the many buildings. The maze-like roads and cars in the distance honking. Crazy drivers. I think.

I hear a creaking of floorboards just outside the door. My head snaps in that direction and I grab my luggage and hide as best as I can in a shadowy corner. I see a shadow under the crack of the bedroom door. When the door quietly opens I just notice that the window curtain was still slightly open and, worst of all, Phillip was against the air bed.

Kaitlyn's mom peeks in to check on Kaitlyn. She looks at her bed and I suck in a breath. It must have been very dark from where she is standing because she closed the door and walked back to her room. I exhale my breath that I was holding.

I looked at the clock. 5:00. I grab a piece of paper out of my bag and a pencil.

Can you please read this to Isaac.

Dear Isaac,

I will never stop loving you. Right now, as a friend. Whatever you do, though, will not make a difference in how I see and view you as a person. I think you and Monica would make a great couple. You two seem that in every situation you both still have feelings for each other. I want you to know that I fully support that and I still love you very much.

Love,
Hazel Grace

A tear slips down my cheek. I put the letter into my bag and wipe a tear half-heartedly and change out of my pajamas. I grab my brush and brush my short hair and push my air bed out of the way. Before I came Kaitlyn had a sleepover so her parents think that Kaitlyn just didn't put the bed away yet.

I looked at the clock again and it read 5:20. I go back to the window and zone out for a few minutes.

Around 6:00 I hear Kaitlyn. I close the book I was reading and looked at her. She takes her sleeping mask off an bolts upward. I don't think she noticed me because she scrambled to where the air bed was.

"Kaitlyn," I whisper loud enough for her to hear. "I'm still here, don't worry."

She turns to me and sighs with relief. "Hazel darling, you nearly gave me a heart attack." She comes over and hugs me.

"Well now that you're awake I can tell that I'll be off now."

"What?"

"No I'll stay for a couple nights maybe, but for the day I'll be visiting someone."

"Okay, good. You had me worried for a second."

"I just wanted to tell you when you be awake."

She just nodded.

"So how am I supposed to get out of the house?"

"Oh yes, here, come on."

She leads me outside her door and into the hallway in which we have to pass her parents closed bedroom door.

"Try and walk as lightly as possible. The floorboards creak." Kaitlyn advises.

Our footsteps pat quietly against the cold, wooden floor. When we finally pass the door I breathe normally again. We did the same for the stairs except on the last step the floor decided to groan and I sneezed. Shoot.

We made a run for it, not caring of noise we made. I hear footsteps upstairs when says her goodbyes at the front door. We hug and I slipped out the door with Philip by my side.

When I get at the corner of the street I sit down and wheeze. All this walking and running is a lot on my lungs. For five minutes I sit and take a break. Good thing Isaac lives close to Kaitlyn's house.
--------------------
I finally reach his front door. I ring the bell and place the letter on the ground. As I suspected, Isaac's mom answers the door. She looks around the door then finds the letter on the ground. I slip behind the wall of the house and I immediately hear her call Isaac's name in the backyard. But I hear another voice too. Monica.

To my surprise, I don't feel that hatred in the pit of my stomach as much as I did the last time.

I hear my words spoken aloud to them. When she was done Monica speaks up.

"Well that's sweet."

"Yeah. That really is." He starts to sniffle.

"Oh come here." Monica coos. I think she she hugged him.

Huh. I guess Monica isn't such a horrible person than I thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well there's the chapter. Bye school is starting.