Gone

Hello everybody! I decided to write another chapter. So yeah...
Here goes...

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters they all belong to John Greenie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mom and Dad,
Before I start this I want you to know that I love you both very, very much.

A tear slips down my cheek. Dropping on the letter, crinkling the part that got wet. I try to regain some of my composure.

I hope both of you will understand. I need some space. Some time for myself. Some time to think. I'll be back before you know it. I'll stay at a friend's house for the time being. I'll text you once in a while to tell you that I am fine. Remember, it's not your fault, it's my decision.

Love,
Hazel

Deep breaths, Hazel. I tell myself, trying to calm down.

I neatly fold the letter and place it carefully on the counter. Placing it where it can be seen.

I have to be quick. Mom is in shower and Dad is upstairs.

I've been planning this since a couple weeks ago. I thought this through and have made my final decision.

I grabbed my small, black luggage that contained food, water, some extra clothes, and money.

I looked out the window to see the sun setting, lighting the sky with pinks, reds, and oranges.

I feel my eyes water. I'm mostly scared, but I'm also angry and sad. I have to do this, for me.

"Goodbye." I whisper. I turn to the front door and with a turn of a the doorknob I was gone.

The chilly air bit my cheeks, making them red with cold. I dragged Philip and the luggage over the uneven pavement to meet a taxi. I called earlier to meet him at the corner of the street. I walk a little faster, hoping my parents haven't gone downstairs yet. Thankfully, I see the taxi and hop in.

"Where to?" He asks.
I tell him Kaitlyn's address, just outside the hustling city. I watched as the bright city lights fade into tiny starts, blending in with the clear, purple sky.
-----------------
I paid the taxi driver and trudged to Kaitlyn's quiet, suburban house.

Knock, knock, knock.
(Elsa? Do you want to build a snowman? Or ride our bikes around the hall?
Haha no I'm just kidding.)

Knock, knock, knock.
I'm starting to get cold. Kaitlyn better answer the door.
After what seemed like forever Kaitlyn silently peeked through the door.
"Kaitlyn, it's me!" I whisper loudly.
"Oh," She sighs with relief and opens the door. "Hazel darling, I was wondering what was taking you so long. Come in, come in."

I lie snugly in the duvet blankets Kaitlyn provided for me.
"Thanks again for letting me stay, Kaitlyn. It means a lot." I say.
"Darling, it is no problem," She responds in her slight English accent. "just remember that you cannot be spotted by my parents."
"Of course."
"Is the air mattress comfortable enough?"
"Yeah it's good. Goodnight, Kaitlyn."
"Goodnight, Hazel."

With that I fell into a troubled sleep, wondering what tomorrow would bring.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okie! I'm starting to get near the end of the story. Sort of. I know this book is VERY short, but yeah.
-thedeathlytribute