Moving On

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters. (bla, bla, bla) They all belong to John Greenie.
Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Whoop whoop! Yup... that's basically it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaac called and said he is on his way to my house. That was probably the longest month ever! I really needed someone to talk to. I needed a shoulder to cry on, since I usually do that almost everyday when he was here, but he wasn't. And finally I have two questions for him: Where did you go and why? You could say I'm a tad bit mad at him for leaving with no goodbye but I'm just glad that it's over.

I wait on the front porch steps when a car pulls up on the driveway. Isaac's mom dropped him off at my house. He steps out and I run as fast as I can and hug him, hard. And he hugs me back.
I sigh. "I missed you."
He replied. "I missed you too."
We release and sit on the grass as we watch the car drive away.
"Where did you go?" I asked curiously. Keeping temper in check.
He responded. "I went to this lake my dad and I would go to for fishing. We always went there because nobody knew about it and it was always silent, peaceful, beautiful."
I asked. "Okay. Then why?"
"I'm over it now, I think. But try not to laugh."
I nodded.
He continued. "I lost it one night. I was playing the video game Augustus and I would play and I just burst into tears. It was probably the most I cried. Ever. I sobbed while throwing things and destroying stuff. I was basically have a tantrum, but for me inside I felt like I was dying. Like I was never gonna stop. A rage filled me as well as strong grief. When I was finally done, which felt like hours, my parents took me to that fishing spot. We camped there so I could relax a bit and sort my head. Or think straight."
"Oh." Was all I could say.
"I just miss Gus so much"
"Me too. Don't worry you're not the only one."
"And it's not helping when people keep on reminding you to move on. Well don't you think I'm trying!" Ugh that kind of stuff annoys me."
"I know. Well we're eventually going to move on. Maybe. Honestly, I don't even know."
"Don't you wish that you could just snap you're fingers and all the pain will gone?"
"Of course." I agree. "Here let's take a walk."
I guide Isaac to the cemetery in which Augustus Waters was buried. I lead him to Augustus's grave.
"We are standing at Augustus Waters's grave." I say to Isaac. "We are here to move on." I see a patch of flowers on the neighboring field. I tell Isaac to wait there while I pick some flowers. I grab the flowers and hand some to Isaac. We put the flowers on Gus's grave.
"We will miss you," Isaac starts. "but it's time we move on. You've been a great friend alive or dead. You have been like a brother I never had. Goodbye."
Tears had already formed in my eyes. It was my turn to speak to Gus now.
"I love you, Gus." I sniffed and Isaac put an arm around me. I can't hold it in anymore, I cry all over Isaac's jacket. I know my goodbye was short but obviously I couldn't function at the time and all I could get out was a "Bye." Afterwards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you liked this chapter! 😋
I have a lot in store maybe two chapters from now. In the mean time you must wait. 😏