Chapter 8: It's Really Happening...

"Where are you going, Hawk-eyes?" 

Zoro asked as he muted the television of their house. His adopted sister, fortunately, too drowned in the fact that her idol was at school today and actually bumped into her!

"A date, Roronoa. I am pretty sure you have already heard from your class." Yes, that's right. Mihawk knew about the not-so-rumors circling the school. It was unavoidable as he wasn't careful when he called you. And he didn't really bother to hide it from anyone.

"With Luffy's sister..." Zoro pointed out now looking his foster father in the eye.

"I do not know nor understand what the big deal about this, Roronoa. You, for a fact, know nothing about our relationship."

"She is Luffy's sister! A sister of your student! Doesn't that feel a bit wrong for you?" 

"No. She has been a friend of mine before one of her brothers became one of my students. Tell me, Why are you so against this, Roronoa?" Mihawk's patience is running thin as he fixed the tie around his neck. He couldn't understand.

Maybe it is the feeling of maybe it is too late. Back then if they have started dating, it would be more normal looking. More natural feeling. And there are no complications present as there are now.

"You leave me no choice, Hawk-Eyes. Perona! Sis! Hawk-eyes is going on a date!"

And with this, Mihawk's eyes widen. Sure enough, footsteps have been heard banging on the floor.

"You are what?! And you didn't tell me!"

'She doesn't know?' Mihawk asked Zoro through his eyes.

Zoro only shrugged as he watched the female panic at the situation before her. The truth is Zoro didn't want Perona to know so it didn't reach her ears. After all, he really doesn't know how the female would react.

"Aha! I know! You gotta change your shoes! Shinier, classier! That tie! I think I saw a navy blue-colored tie in one of your things! Good choice on the tux, this is the brand new from the Newgate collection!"

And so Mihawk got ready for his date with the uncertain thoughts inside his mind.

You stared at yourself for one last time before sighing. You are a fashion designer. You design clothes. But the all in all appearance including the make-up and the hair. You know little about it. But this is the anxiety talking.

You just want to get this right. It isn't the first date... Wait... Is it? First date? When you were in high school... Oh yeah, this is a first date between the two of you.

Your first date is actually an unpredictable one. With Doflamingo, yes, that guy. It was something of a deal with him and it ended up in fun. Since then the two of you grew closer but it was perfectly obvious that you two are only friends. 

That and your feelings for Mihawk are more relevant.

Also, Dofflamingo is a ladies' man... No one would believe he'll settle down (In a serious relationship). 

You then heard a knock at the door. Surprise, surprise. It's your older brother, Marco.

"Hey, bro. Something wrong? Is he there?! I clearly have 20 minutes more!"

Marco only laughed at this as you then were pushed to sit by the vanity chair. "Not yet... I just want to check up on you. Nervous,yoi? This isn't your first date, you know."

You grab a comb and look at yourself. "Yeah it isn't but... It's MIhawk. You know how I feel about him."

"Of course. But should you really be nervous? You've known each other for years. I can't even say that I'm surprised that you asked each other out. When we heard about it, all I can think about was, it was about a goddamn time."