Chapter 4: Our Reunion

You kept questioning yourself about what Yassop's son was talking about earlier. He is Yassop's boy... He might be... And that means the ASL boys are too.

You clenched your fist as you found yourself speed walking to your car.

<"After all my precautions, my efforts... All of this just to stay hidden from my boys... Who-"> your thoughts were interrupted by a shout.

"N/N!"

Your eyes widen as you recognize the voice.

<"Shanks Fucking Le Roux...">

You turned and your irritation and stress disappeared. You saw him. Three marks on his left eye, a missing right arm, and that bright red hair.

You ran in for a hug and he gladly caught you.

"Oh, it's been so long since we last saw each other!" Shanks exclaimed when he twirled you around. You laughed as he did so while you wrap your arms around his neck. You're so happy that you are here to stay for a long time. There is a lot to catch up on.

"How'd you know I was here?" You asked as he let you down on the ground.

"Well, when there's alcohol involved, I'm the first one to know." Shanks smiled as he patted your head.

<"Weird thing to gloat about but okay..."> You thought as you just nodded at his response.

"Now that you're back, your big ol' dad Newgate is gonna throw the biggest party for his only daughter! And what does every Newgate party have?! Alcohol! Woohoo!" Shanks exclaimed.

You grimaced at the sight of his daydreaming on his precious alcohol. You let out an awkward laugh at his antics but soon it turned to a normal one because of how silly he is.

"Right, of course. I don't even know how you got addicted to alcohol. You certainly weren't when we're in high school," you remarked while he just smiled and soon laughed.

"I'm a man, a real man!"

"Oh yeah? Let's call Makino then..."

"Okay, not that real."

"Of course, you're not. I hope you're being a great father to Kid... I'd really hate it if anything happens to my godson."

"Yeah yeah, he's turning into a great kid, so far. His friends are pretty weird. He's doing good as a star player in football. I mean honestly, I don't know where he got the talent. Man, you know how we are when we were their age-"

"Shanks, you're rambling..."

"Am I? Hahaha, sorry, sorry."

"You're always rambling when it comes to, Kid."

"Can't help it! Honestly, though... Pineapple man called me. He said you guys were supposed to have the party last Saturday but you wanted to postpone it. He said that you said that, you wanted to pour all your attention to ASL boys before it gets torn to everyone..." he trailed of while both of you started to walk out of the parking lot.

<"Damn you, Marco.">

"Or was it someone... A certain Kendo Champion someone." Shanks smirked as you stopped walking and gave him a playful glare which he only laughed out.

He was talking about your alleged high school sweetheart.

Dracule "Hawk-eyes" Mihawk...

"Shut up, Le Roux," you only replied as you fight off the blushing rushing to your cheek. Then you remembered something from earlier.